The 13 Colonies
by Kallynn Abner
- South Carolina was fond in 1663. South Carolina was fond by King Charles ||. North Carolina was also named by King Charles ||. In South Carolina they sell Included Tobacco, cotton, rice, indigo, lumber and furs.
- the Pennsylvania colony was found in in 1682. Pennsylvania was found by William Penn. Pennsylvania was named by King Charles II.
Georgia was found in 1732 by James Oglethorpe. the colony was named by King George the second of England.
Delaware was found in 1638. Delaware was found by Peter Minuit and New Sweden Company. Delaware was named by the Delaware river.
Maryland was found in 1633 by George Calvert. Maryland was named after Queen Henrietta Maria.
Massachusetts was found in 1630 by John Winthrop. Mass was named by the Algonquian tribe.
Virginia was found in 1607 by John Smith. Virginia was named by Queen Elizabeth.
Connecticut was found in 1636 by Thomas Hooker. Connecticut was named by the Native Indians.
1. The reason the settlers came to America is because they were looking for a new colony.
2. Colonies life was like really hard and difficult because they needed to grow crops and most of there food and they had to find stuff to build there houses and build there house.
3. The Indians helped the colonies grow corn.
New York was found in 1626 by Duke of York. New York was named to honor Duke of York
New Jersey was found in 1664 by lord Berkeley. New Jersey was named after the British island of Jersey.
New Hampshire was found in 1638 by John Mason. New Hampshire was named after the English county.
Rhode island was found in 1636 by Roger Williams. Rhode island was named by Adrian Block.