Palomino Family Newsletter
Week 5 of COVID-19 School Closure
I hope that you are finding yourselves happy, healthy, and in good spirits and company! I want to thank you all for your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times. We are all figuring things out together one day at a time. I have no doubt that we will come back better, stronger, and more united than ever. In the absence of school, we have grown to realize how much we all need each other and how much we mean to one another. I speak on behalf of the entire staff here at Nicolet Middle School when I say, "We miss our students dearly!" The staff here at Nicolet have expressed to me daily just how much they love and miss our students. We are all hurting and grieving the loss of this school year. Now more than ever we need to unite our hearts and our love for this community, be there for one another, lift each other up, and get through this together. #Banningstrong
Let us know some of the positives, struggles, and questions you have. Click here to fill out a survey.
Distance Learning Plan
- Each teacher will be sending out information that will include their daily office hours and a link to their digital classroom. Please make sure you are checking your child's school email and/or Parent Square for that information.
- During these office hours, teachers will be available for student learning by either hosting virtual meetings using Zoom or Google, posting assignments or communication on their digital platform, sending emails, making phone calls, or be available to speak to you if you have any questions. This will vary depending on the teacher's preference and/or availability.
- Each grade level has a work packet. These work packets include ELA, Math, Science, History, and PE activities for the next two weeks. They also include daily schedules and checklists to help your child develop routines for their distance learning schedule. The links to these packets can be found below. Teachers are also working on having this work posted onto their digital classrooms. Students should be able to use the "Kami" extension to open this file and type directly into the document. These links can also be found on our website. We will also post them on our school's Facebook page and send them out via Parent Square.
- If you are not able to access the packets online and need a printed copy please contact Mrs. Rodriguez at email@example.com to request a printed copy. Please only request a printed copy as a last resort. We are very limited with personnel and resources right now and too many requests may make distributing packets difficult.
- If you have any questions regarding distance learning please submit them in the Google Form link above.
Grade level work packets
Place the device with power chord in a plastic bag with the following information written on a piece of paper:
- Student Name
- Parent Name
- Phone Number
- Problem with device
Bring the device in the trunk of the car. Drive up to the building, open the trunk; the technician will pick up the device. Parents will receive a call when the device is ready for pick up.
Food Services Schedule
- Monday, April 20: Meals will be served to cover 2 consecutive days. No food service on Tuesday, April 21, 2020.
- Wednesday, April 22: Meals will be served to cover 3 consecutive days. No food service on Thursday, April 23 or Friday, April 24.
- Monday, April 27: Meals will be served to cover 5 consecutive days. No food service the remainder of the week April 28-May 1.
- Monday, May 25 is Memorial Day: No Food Service. Food service for that week will be on Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- Food Service Dates: April 20, 22, 27; May 4, 11, 18, 26; June 1
- Food Service Hours: 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Food Service Locations: Cabazon Elementary School, Hemmerling Elementary School, and Nicolet Middle School
- Remote Service Locations: Food service remains at two bus stops: 1.) Corner of Esperanza Avenue and Elm Street (11:00-11:30 a.m.) in Cabazon and 2.) Corner of Haugen-Lehmann Way and Tamarack Street in Whitewater (12:00-12:30 p.m.)
Personal Belongings in Lockers
Cookie Dough: The cookie dough is being held for us at their distribution center and we still plan on distributing the cookie dough once we are given permission to do so. Once we have a plan of when that might be we will get that information out to you.
World's Finest Chocolates: If you still have chocolates that you were selling then just hold on to them until we reopen. Once we reopen we will schedule a time to bring in any unsold chocolates and collect money.
Congratulations to Marco Tostado for winning the challenge for his poem on Quarantine! They both will be mailed a $10 gift card to a local restaurant.