Jr. Scout/Stuart Little's Tot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Teacher's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Birthdays: None this month :)
February 14th - Family Valentine's Day Party (3:00pm-4:30pm) Please let your teacher know if you will be attending
February 22nd - Ms. Le Andra's 3rd Anniversary with TTS
March 15th - Closed for Teacher Conference
June 7 - Closed for Family Fun Day!
Valentine's Day Party!
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
In the Classroom!
- Welcome to Nubia and Asher !!!!!!!!!
- Good Bye Colton !!!
- Moving on up: Alora!!!!!!! We know she will seeing some old friends and enjoy her new friends and teachers.
- Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Fav books for the month: Elmos: My Furry Valentine, Elmo K,A,&V books, Seasons
Table Time: We'll continue on our nuts/bolts, vocal phrases, and stringing beads.
This month we'll add 2 piece puzzles
Sensory, Art, Science:
We're going to enjoy coloring our animal friends of the week and make homes for them and talk about where they live
Did you know we have snack math every day? We spend this time working on counting, color recognition, shapes, and vocab.
This month we have our toy kitchen, all kinds of animals to make an animal farm and a toy vacuum cleaner.
We're continuing to practice and learn how to Be kind to our friends and our toys
Gross Motor/Music & Movement: We're going to spend the month doing some animal yoga poses, continue working on balancing on one foot and jumping up and down with both feet of the ground And of course peek a boo and patty cake.
I'm super excited for some Valentine's Day books this month...are you?? Check out all the deals for this month!! Scholastic will be sent out February 5th and will orders will be due February 14th. Our online code is HQ686
Tax Time is Approaching...
Dear Tot Spot Families,
I am sending this email because we are getting close to the end of the year and therefore close to tax season. Because of our changes from Rapid Tuition to Tuition Express there will be two-year end summaries (a mid year summary for Rapid Tuition and a year-end summary). I emailed all our families when we transferred from Rapid Tuition at the time of the change, so please check your email history for that email. As far as Tuition Express, every family has direct access to your billing receipts through www.myprocare.com . If you have already signed up with www.myprocare.com you are ahead of the game. However, if you have not, you can register from this link www.myprocare.com. You will use the email you received this message from to login. If you have any problems, please let me know.
Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow!!
Goodbye Summer....Hello Sickness! :(
Healthy Start Wisdom
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
- Please make sure that your child has weather appropriate clothing in their cubbies. Now the weather is starting to cool off we need long sleeve shirts, long pants and jackets.
Official Weather Closure Policy:
When bad weather or other emergency situations occur, it may be necessary for TTS to cancel, delay, or close school early. Parents should have a well-communicated plan in place in the event of these emergency situations.
The safety of our students and staff is our number one priority any time a decision must be made regarding school closures and delays during a weather situation. We review information from emergency management and state highway administrators about road conditions, and look to HSE schools for guidance.
Due to the speed of updating, the official @TotSpotSchool Twitter account is generally the first and fastest mode of communication. Other communication channels will be updated as quickly as possible including app, email, and other social media, and news stations. The app lags behind for some so Twitter is first.
Weather alert example
TTS tries to make decisions in the evening, taking into account that parents need time to make proper arrangements. But when there is a lot of uncertainty, we wait to get the latest morning forecast. The decision is typically made around 6:00.
TTS provides information about closings and delays in many ways including:
Posted to the TTS Twitter and Facebook pages.
Posted to Daily Connect App
Email and text messages sent to parents (using Procare).
Group Me sent to employees
Email sent to employees
Notifications sent to WTHR, RTV6, and WISH TV News
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
· Food Coloring
· Musical Instruments
· Empty Clean Plastic Jars (Mayo, PB, etc. Jar)
· Contact Paper
· EXPO Dry Erase Marker Cleaning Spray
· Salt - Regular and Rock Salt
· Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
Question: If you could master one instrument which would it be and why?
- Ms. Kayla: Violin. I have played for years but would love to be better
- Ms. Alisha: Guitar so I can be cool like Drew (Emmett and Asher's Dad).
- Mr. Mike: Piano, because it’s soothing.
- Ms. Le Andra: I would learn Guitar! I've always wanted to learn how to play
- Ms. Katie: I would master the guitar. I played a little bit in high school, but then gave up and I would love to be able to sit outside around a fire and play/create music.
Ms. Erin: Drums because I like the double kick pedal, it's a challenge
Ms. Maggie: If I could master one instrument it would be the piano.I would want it to be the piano because it would help with my poor hand eye coordination, and posture.
Ms. Mikayla: The violin. I took lessons when I was very young but we moved and I couldn't continue. I always wanted to pick it back up and try it again
Ms. Stacey: The guitar, so I could play with all the other cool people.