Oakwood Principal's Office
What's Going on in the Principal's Office?!
Olympic Size Inspiration
My Challenge to You
As I watched the Olympics over the past two weeks I thought about why do I enjoy the Olympics so much. The triumph of the human spirit is something that has always been a sight to behold and the Olympics embodies the human spirit through both success and failure. There are so many success stories as well as dreams that fall short. These three commercials show different aspects of the struggles, creativity, and journey that we all go through as a human being...even if we are not all Olympians.
- We all had someone that was there to pick us up, dust us off, tell us that we are okay and we need to get back on that horse.
- The exciting conclusion of the journey began with the smallest of steps.
- There are tools available for us to help write our next verse in life.
Take a moment to watch them and see what inspiration you find from the commercials. If you feel so inclined, vote for your favorite commercial from the three listed above.
Inspiration is all around us each and every day. We just have to open our eyes to the possibilities. We have the opportunity to pick up others each and every day, tell them they are okay and get them back on that horse. We all began our journey this year with a single step and now thousands of steps through the school year we have come so far, together. We all have the tools we need to write the next verse of our poems. How will your verse read?
Think. Achieve. Succeed.
Week at a Glance
Tuesday: South Knoll 8:15-9:15 Registration; 5th Grade Math CBM #2; 6th Grade Registration Activities during 5th grade PE
Wednesday: Southwood Valley 9-10 5th Registration; 5th Grade Math CBM #2
Thursday: District Foundations Team Day; 6th Grade Math CBM #2
Friday: College Hills 8:15-9:15 Regisration; LPAC Meeting; 6th Grade Math CBM#2; Online registration meetings
What does all that stuff mean???
- All this week Julie is going to our elementary schools to share what 5th grade is all about. Please click here to see the presentation... and yes there is a video as well :) Marla or Jeff will go with her to the commentaries. Julie went to Rock Prairie Elementary on Friday and the students at RP zoned to OW were super excited to come to Oakwood!
- Yes, we will have our February Fire Drill on Monday.
- On Tuesday the 5th grade students will be able to see performances by 6th grade electives as well as learn more about the different electives in 6th grade during PE classes
- Thursday is District Foundations Team training day. Ramirez & Haferkamp will be at the training from the front office.
- Math CBMs will be ongoing this entire week
- Mann will be attending LPAC Meetings on Friday
- Mann & Haferkamp will attend online registration meetings on Friday