Volume 12 Issue 12 May 21, 2018
May 21st-Final Exams for 2nd/4th Blocks
May 22nd-No School (Election Day)
May 23rd-Final Exams for 1st/3rd/5th Blocks
May 24th-Closing Day for Teachers
May 25th-Graduation @7:00 pm/Project Graduation 11:00 pm - 5:00 am
Summer PD--Win Win Discipline is scheduled for August 2nd. See registration instructions at the bottom of the newsletter.
Class of 2018 Dates to Know
- May 18th-Senior Final Exams Deadline
- May 18th-Senior Grades Posted in IC (notify Teresa Reed of any possible issues with senior grades)
- May 18th-Names of ANY seniors that still owe for books, calculators, or any other unpaid fees to Mr. Cress/Mrs. Reed
- May 23rd-Senior Cap and Gown Picture/Graduation Walk/Graduation Rehearsal with Lunch to follow
- May 23rd-Baccalaureate @ 6:00 Beacon Hill Baptist Church
- May 25th-Graduation @7:00 pm in the Gym
- May 25th-Project Graduation 11:00 pm - 5:00 am
Those faculty that are senior sponsors need to see Mrs. Reed in guidance to help out with graduation and/or Project Graduation. ALL faculty are encouraged to participate in both graduation and Project Graduation.
Before You Leave for the Summer
- Put all technology in a safe location, somewhere that isn't in the way of summer cleaning. Put your computer in your black box or a cabinet in your room. Take a picture of the hook-ups so that you can remember how everything goes when you return.
- Make sure there are no books/materials on the floor in your classroom that can be moved. Help out our custodians as they prepare to wax the floors.
- Check your classrooms for any library books/materials or textbooks that aren't yours and please return those.
- Fill out the address sheet (even if nothing has changed) and return to Shaun.
- Turn in your parking tags to Shaun.
- Print out hard copies of ALL grades (not just the final grade) for ALL trimesters and turn in to Shaun.
- Check with Donna in Guidance to ensure that your T3 grades have been posted correctly.
- Make sure you have put appropriate comments on report cards for GT students.
- PD--Everyone will have completed 18/24 required hours of PD IF after attending Win-Win Discipline, Growth Mindset/Soft Skills, and Test Score Analysis. This means we will all need an additional 6 hours. Keep that in mind and get a head start this summer so that there is no scramble for PD in the spring of 2019--Check the district's calendar page for upcoming PD events offered by the district.
Summer PD for ALL Teachers
Win-Win Discipline is mandatory for all teachers this summer (July 30-Aug 3). SWHS has a specified date scheduled on August 2nd, but if there is a conflict with that date, please register for another day that week with another school.
Follow these steps to register for any district PD offerings:
- Go to the District website www.pulaski.net
- Click on the Calendar Tab, then select Professional Development Calendar
- Change the month and date to the date of the training (For summer Win Win Discipline through Kagan, change to August 2nd)
- Click on the title of the training and then follow the instructions to register
If you register for any other professional development the district offers and are unable to attend for some reason, please be sure to cancel your registration. Some offerings have a limited number of seats available, so please be considerate of those who might be waiting to attend.