Amazing American States ITV Event!
K- 8th Graders celebrating what's unique about their states
How does our classroom meet students in another amazing state?
TWO great opportunities for live two-way interactive connections are now open for schools across America to celebrate their great amazing states this spring:
- Kindergarten thru 3rd grade classrooms will be able to connect with another classroom in the United States and learn just what makes their state and the cities in their state so amazing!
- 4th thru 8th grade classrooms will be matched with classrooms in other states or cities in the USA, but will need to unravel clues from about who they are actually connected to and determine “where IS this amazing American State?”
- Registration Open: April 2 – April 24, 2014
- Teachers emailed partner connections: April 30, 2014
- Connections Made: May 27 - June 3, 2014
For more information and details about each grade level project, be sure to click on the teacher packets for each project so the planning can begin for an AMAZING opportunity to learn about our great AMAZING AMERICAN STATES!
NOTE: Those who sign up to participate and matched have committed to the event. Unless an extenuating circumstance occurs, it is very difficult finding a replacement partner for connections at the last minute.
Kindergarten - 3rd Grade "AMAZING AMERICAN STATE" Project
Following the presentations, students will spend approximately 10-minutes asking each other questions about their respective states and communities.
Students will research and share information about land forms, farming, their towns and cities, location in the United States and fun facts that make the state interesting!
Teacher Info packet all about participating in the Amazing American States Project.
4th - 8th Grade "WHERE IS THIS AMAZING STATE?" Project
- Students will need to find information based on required clues that will be given to you by TWICE (ex: region, history, civics, etc.).
- When connected with a partner-class for this 60-minute connection, each classroom will give a presentation with the clues about their own city and state.
- The students from the other class will attempt to discover the secret location using the Internet, maps, textbooks and other available resources.
- Creativity and have fun are welcome!
Additional project support materials:
Teacher info packet all about the "Where is this Amazing State" Project.