Professional Development News
Importance of Early Experiences in Science
"The National Science Teachers Association supports the notion that inquiry science must be a basic in the daily curriculum of every elementary school student at every grade level."
Students learn science best when....
- they are involved in first-hand exploration and investigation
- inquiry/process skills are nurtured
- content is organized on the basis of broad conceptual themes
- mathematics and communication skills are part of science instruction
- problem-solving skills are developed
"The learning environment for elementary science must foster positive attitudes towards self and society, as well as science."
-adopted by the NSTA Position Statement
Time to learn and discover more about the Next Generation Science Standards
Grow and Learn with Discovery Education
Let's grow and learn together.