5th Grade News
Week of May 16, 2016
- Our field trip to Haggard Middle School is this week (Thursday, May 19). If your child did not return the permission slip, his/her teacher will email another copy to you. Please be sure to print and sign the permission slip so that your child may attend.
- There is a parent meeting at Haggard Middle School (in the cafeteria) on Wednesday, May 18 (6:15 p.m.).
- All library books are due no later than Friday, May 20. Please encourage your child to return his/her books.
Curriculum This Week
- Identify the theme of a reading passage
- Examine types of persuasion
- Explain types of literary devices
- Find surface area of solids
- Solve two-step algebraic equations
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide positive and negative numbers
- Understand how to read and apply nutritional information and food labels to make healthy choices
Science/Health Test May 24 (open note/book test)
- Understand the important events that led to Texas declaring its independence.
What's on the Calendar?
18 Parent meeting at Haggard Middle School 6:15 p.m.
19 Haggard Field Trip (tour of school)
20 Library books due
12-26 MAP Testing
27 No School (Teacher Work Day) (or a snow make-up day)
30 No School (Memorial Day)
2 Class Party (9:30 - 10:30)
Graduation (6:30 - 9:00 p.m.)
3 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
8:00 - 9:00 Spirit Assembly
12: 00 EARLY RELEASE
Just a Few Reminders for Graduation
5th Grade Graduation
Thursday, June 2
6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
6:30 - 7:00 Graduation program
7:00 - 9:00 Graduation party (5th graders only)
Boys are to wear slacks/khakis and a collared shirt (no shorts, no jeans, and no t-shirts).
Girls are to wear a skirt or dress that meets school dress code. Straps must be at least three fingers-wide. Lengths must be fingertip or longer. Slacks for girls are also acceptable.
Click to see 5th grade's Instagram pictures. Follow us on Instagram. Since our account is private, be sure to send an email to your child's homeroom teacher notifying her of your Instagram username.