Effects of the War
- The Select Service Act required all men from the age 18 to 45 to be able to be drafted if needed in the war.
- Propaganda posters were used to convince US citizens that they must support the war effort.
- The War Industries Board encouraged companies to use mass production techniques to make war supplies.
Germany Pre-WWI and Mobilization 220640-01
- The Committee on Public Information was formed to influence public opinions regarding American participation in the war.
- The US Food Administration encouraged Americans to create food budgets and plant victory gardens, which will help to manage the nation's food distribution and prices.
- Because of segregation laws, millions of African Americans migrated from their homes in the South to the North.