PARENT REMINDERS - 1/20/2015
ACE Program Updates
Our Spring 2015 ACE programming is off to a great start!! Please remember that all students must be signed out. TxEA is a family environment and you may know or be related to students, if have not been designated by a parent/guardian as someone with permission to pick up a student(s) you can not leave our campus with them. We value the safety of every student and you can help by asking the parents/guardians to give you permission by adding you to the students application.
Below are updates about our Texas ACE Afterschool programming.
- Homework Help = is every day from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Tutorials = is available from 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM. Students receive more focused help based on their specific needs within this time frame. This does not mean that they are receiving tutoring for 2 full hours.
- B.M.X. (Boys Making eXperiments) - held on Wednesday's and students will build and learn about a robotic arm.
- G.E.M.S. - held on Monday's and our girls are still working on and learning about their robotic arms.
- NOVELty - is still enjoying reading Paradise.
- Sports - students will participate in YOGA every Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00 - 5:00 PM. The sessions will integrate traditional yoga poses, flowing sequences, breathing exercises, deep-relaxation and meditation techniques as well as self-reflection.
PANTHER FINE ARTS DEPARTMENT
The Texas Academy Fine Arts Department is pleased to announce its upcoming bookings for Black History Month. We take this month as just a concentrated time for the reflection we do all year long. The Fine Arts Department will be performing excerpts from our recent show S.O.S. We are excited to present conscious art to the community! - Ms. Sadé
- Band - students are preparing for upcoming performances in February and the Spring 2015 Blackout show. See below under IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS for specific performance dates.
- Dance - the dance company is preparing for upcoming performances in February and the Spring 2015 Blackout show. See below under IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS for specific performance dates.
- Theatre - students are working on character building techniques. Auditions for the Spring 2015 Blackout show will be held the last week of January. See below under IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS for specific performance dates.
Feel free to reach out to or contact me any time if I can be of any help!
ACE Program Managergbufkin@texasempowerment.org
PARENTS SHOWING THEY CARE TIPS . . .
16. Be understanding when they have a difficult day.
17. Give them good choices.
18. Respect the choices they make.
19. Be silly together.
20. Hang out together.
16. Sea compresivo cuando ellos tengan un día difícil.
17. Déles buenas opciones.
18. Respete las decisiones que ellos tomen.
19. Juntos sean juguetones.
20. Pasen tiemps juntos.
TXEA PARENT ENGAGEMENT WORKSHOPS
As part of our 21st Century grant parent participation is a requirement. To fulfill this requirement we will have a series of six classes that started this October 2014 - April 2015 . There will be a raffle for those who attend at least four out of the six (4 out of 6) workshops!!
1. October - Budgeting Your Paycheck (completed)
2. November - First Aid/CPR Class (completed)
3. January - How to prepare for college (Date TBA)
4. February - Cover Letter/Resume Writing
5. March - Home Buying 101
6. April - Car Maintenance
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS (UPDATED)
Tuesday, 2/3 - Fine Arts Department = African American Heritage Network's City-Wide Black History Program (time is during school and permission slips will be sent home)
Monday, 2/16 - NO SCHOOL Staff/Student Holiday
Wednesday, 2/18 - Fine Arts Department = John H. Winters Black History Scholarship Committee (time is during school and permission slips will be sent home)
Thursday, 2/26 - Fine Arts Department = Central Texas African American Family Support Conference (time is during school and permission slips will be sent home)
Thursday, 2/26 - Fine Arts Department = Capital Metro African American Heritage's Black History Event (time is during school and permission slips will be sent home)