July 8, 2021
Clarifying COVID-19 Guidance
- For summer programs: Masking indoors and maintaining other health and safety guidance is not required but is encouraged. The DESE summer guidance is in alignment with state guidance encouraging unvaccinated individuals to continue to mask. The DPH mask advisory advises unvaccinated residents to continue wearing masks in indoor settings and when they can’t socially distance.
- For the fall: At this time, all health and safety guidance including masking and physical distancing will be lifted. The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education will collaborate with the Department of Public Health (DPH) to issue any additional health and safety recommendations over the summer should they become necessary.
Lost and Found
Summer Meal Program
STGRSD FREE Weekly Meal Kits will be available
through the Summer of 2021.
Each FREE Meal Kit will contain 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches for one student, the equivalent of a week’s worth of meals. Kits will include information about storage and preparation.
Do I need to pre-order a summer meal kit?
If you have already signed up to pre-order summer meal kits, we've added you to the list for the whole summer.
If you would like to be added to the weekly list, please send an email with your name and the number of meal kits you will pick up to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer 2021 Meal Kit Pick-Up
June 23, 2021 - August 25, 2021
Wednesday afternoons from 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
at the Southwick Regional School (7-12)
93 Feeding Hills Road
Southwick, MA 01077
Cafeteria entrance by student parking lot
Pathways for Parents
The link is also included below.
Get more funds for food with SNAP
SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) is monthly money for food like P‑EBT - but you need to apply. You can get P-EBT and SNAP at the same time. If you apply and are eligible, you get a SNAP EBT card, which can be used like a debit card for food shopping.
Why should I apply for SNAP now?
· During COVID, the monthly SNAP amounts are higher! For example, if you get SNAP as a family of 3, you will get $616 per month, or $782 for a family of 4!
· SNAP is here for families at any time - during the pandemic and after
· It’s now easier than ever to apply
Like P‑EBT, SNAP can be used at most grocery stores, corner stores, and other food stores, like farmers markets. You can also buy food online at Amazon, Price Chopper, Walmart, and ALDI.
SNAP can connect you to other kinds of help, like utility discounts and extra food dollars through the Healthy Incentives Program. If you get SNAP and/or P-EBT, you can up to $50 off your monthly internet bill and a one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet or desktop computer through the Emergency Broadband Benefit.
More SNAP Information
Am I eligible to get SNAP?
If you got P‑EBT, you are likely eligible for SNAP.
You may need to apply for SNAP with other people you live with, including:
Your kids if they are under 22
Your parents, if you are under 22 years old
Anyone else you live with and buy and prepare most (2/3 or more) of your meals with
There are income limits based on your household size. But, not all income counts! For example:
The current $300 per week boost in unemployment benefits (Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation, or FPUC) does not count.
Earnings of high school students under 18 who are enrolled in school do not count
Can I get SNAP if I am an immigrant?
SNAP is not considered in a “public charge” test. If you are not a US citizen, you can get SNAP for an eligible family member (like your U.S citizen child).
Applying for benefits does not impact public charge. If you aren’t sure if someone is an eligible noncitizen it’s best to apply and let DTA assess your eligibility.
Please note, the EBT card for an eligible child is issued in the guardian’s name, regardless of whether that guardian is actively getting benefits.
You must be a U.S citizen or meet certain legal immigrant rules to get SNAP for yourself.
How much will I get if I’m eligible?
You will get the maximum SNAP amount during the COVID-19 emergency:
How do I apply?
It’s now easier than ever to apply!
Submit an application - fast and easy!
You can apply:
After you apply, the Department of Transitional Assistance will let you know if more information is needed.
If you do not have an EBT card already, DTA will send you one in the