by : Lupe Garcia
Description of position/roles and responsibilities
- Reconstruction technicians analyze physical evidence collected from a crime scene, as well as photographs, sketches, notes, lab and test results to determine what occurred and who is involved.
- Forensic sculptors combine artistic talents with knowledge of anatomy to assist law enforcement in identification.
required to have a bachelor's degree in police, forensic or natural science
many state and local agencies require them to have a certificate in a law enforcement academy along with on the job training and to continue school.
have to renew certificate every 5 years
- facial reconstruction course
- artistic abilities are a must
- prior experience with working in some facet of law enforcement is not required but comes in handy
- 55,000 per year
-$42,610 per year
- work staggered day, evening, or night shifts and may have to work overtime because they must always be available to collect evidence