Boone Meadow Friday Flyer
November 4, 2022
Rehearsal for 11/11
Students are practicing their music and placements to help our program go smoothly next week. Don't forget that all Veterans and their family/guests need to be pre-registered by Wednesday, 11/9.
Over the years, we've approached honoring our Veterans in a variety of ways, but the message is the same. Here's an older photo of some of our team simply saying, "thank you."
Practice Makes Improvement
It isn't expected to be perfect, but we are striving to give our best as we practice with patience for our program!
Rehearsal for 11/11
Dear Boone Meadow Families
Veterans Day Celebration - Final preparations are happening, and we can't wait to celebrate Veterans connected to our school family...
- Our celebration is scheduled for Friday, November 11th. Veteran guests and their families are invited to attend.
- More details on pre-registration and the program are located below.
"Fall Back" - Don't forget to set your clocks back one hour this weekend as we fall back!
PTO Holiday Flower Sale - Purchase your holiday flowers from the Boone Meadow Elementary Parent Teacher Organization. A portion of every sale goes to the BME PTO, which directly benefits the students, teachers, and staff. The last day to order is Friday, November 18, 2022. You will be able to pick up your purchases on December 2nd from 3:30 - 5:30 pm at the front entrance of Boone Meadow Elementary.
Winter Reading Program - The Hussey-Mayfield (Zionsville) Public Library is offering a Winter Reading Program. Registration opened on November 1st and the reading program runs December 1 through January 31. See information located below.
Book Fair - Our book fair is coming soon. Please see information below for volunteer sign up. Book fair will be the week of November 14th.
Lunch Guests - Our lunch procedures are working well, and we will be opening more opportunities to make reservations throughout each week. We will keep lunch sign up links in the lower portion of each Friday Flyer. We also ask that you inform your child's teacher if you plan to visit. Thank you.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Tom Hundley, Principal
Veterans Day Celebration - 11/11/22
The Boone Meadow students and staff look forward to celebrating our American heroes on Friday, November 11, 2022.
- Reception: Our honored Veterans have the option to participate in a light reception which will include a few light treats and drinks. We hope you will be able to join us from 9:30-10:00 in the cafe.
- **Veteran guests and their families will be admitted in the building no earlier than 9:15 for the reception/program.
- Program: Our students will present a program to Veterans and their guests at 10:00 in our gymnasium.
- All guests should pre-register by 3 PM on 11/9. (See information below)
***Note: Visitor Check-In for Veterans Day Celebration (Required for ALL guests)
On the date of our program, we expect to have a high volume of visitors. To keep our students and staff safe, all guests should have pre-registered by 3:00 PM, Wednesday, November 9, 2022.
Required Pre-Registration VISITOR CHECK-IN FOR VETERANS DAY CELEBRATION
*Guests must register by 3:00 PM on Wednesday, 11/9/22
On the date of our program, we expect to have a high volume of visitors. To keep our students safe but also manage our visitor check-in system promptly, please make note of the following items:
#1 - Click HERE to do a pre-registration check-in. It's quick and easy! Pre-registrations must be completed by 3:00 PM on Wednesday November 9th.
- Page 1: Select the green “Next Step” button.
- Page 2: Enter your name & birthday when prompted. When it asks for "Building" select Boone Meadow Elementary. Select the green “Next Step” button.
- Page 3: When prompted for “Person Visiting” enter your student’s name, then type “Veterans Day” when it asks for your “Reason for Visit.”
- It will then ask for the date of the visit. Please enter the date of the actual event, November 11, 2022.
- Disregard the “If you’d like to notify anyone portion…” on this page and hit "Next".
#2 - Upon arrival, signing in at the front desk is necessary to gain admittance to the program.
Flower Sales to Benefit Boone Meadow Elementary - Cheddar Up
Season of Giving - Operation Adopt Team Meadow (Sponsored by PTO) is back again for the 3rd year!
Help us make this SEASON OF GIVING extra special for all our amazing Boone Meadow Elementary staff. We are so excited for this joint effort with PTO and all our BME families to help coordinate gifting for all our wonderful staff members at Boone Meadow.
What does this mean? We are seeking volunteers to sign up to “adopt” one staff member. Once you have adopted that staff member you will be in charge of spear heading donation collections and gift buying for the person you have "adopted".
*When you sign up you will ask for some information (name, email, phone number, Venmo etc) to make it easy for people to make donation to you for the staff member you signed up for!
Be on the lookout for the PTO newsletter next week with more information and a link to the Teacher's Favorites page!!
Sign up HERE: 3rd Annual Operation Adopt Team Meadow 2022 <https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0A4DAFAE2FA57-operation1>
3rd Annual Operation Adopt Team Meadow 2022
Winter Reading Program @ Hussey-Mayfield Public Libarary
Click HERE or the image to register.
Lunch Guest Sign Ups
We are ready to welcome lunch guests! Students and their guests will have lunch at designated locations in the front lobby area. Please no more than 2 guests per student due to limited space. So that others may have the opportunity, we ask that you not sign up more than 1 time per month. As we implement this new system/procedure, we will limit availability one more week to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday visits.
Here's how it works:
- Sign up for a reservation in advance using this link: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/BMELunchSchedule@zcsk12in.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/ When you sign up, please be certain to complete all fields requested.
- Be sure to notify your child's teacher so they are informed to send your child to the front lobby to meet you/guest during their scheduled lunch time.
- Bring a photo ID and arrive 5 minutes early (lunch times are listed on the signup form link above).
- Your child will meet you in the front office area when they are ready.
Scholastic Book Fair
For our book fair to run smoothly, we are in need of volunteers.
If you are willing and able to assist, please sign up to help by clicking HERE: Book Fair Volunteer
The School Directory App is Updated for the 2022-23 school year families!
Our Student directory is now complete! Many thanks to the PTO for organizing this helpful resource! To access the directory follow these steps:
- Go to www.directoryspot.net or download the “Directory Spot” app on a smart phone. Click “Login”.
- Enter your email address as your Username, and click on “Reset Password”. An email will be sent to you with a link to set your password.
- Click on the link in the email to set your password and to log in.
If you have trouble logging in, please contact PTO Secretary, Carolee Sanguedolce at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Events & Important Info
November 9 - PTO Meeting (6:30 BME Cafe); Panera Dine for Dollars
November 11 - Veterans Day (9:30 -Veteran guests reception; 10:00 - program)
November 14-18 - Scholastic Book Fair
November 23 - 25 - Thanksgiving Break (No School)
December 14 - PTO Meeting
December 15 - Boone Meadow Voices concert (@ ZWest)
December 20 - End of quarter 2/Semester 1 & Winter parties
December 21 - January 2 - Winter Break
January 3 - Students and Staff return to school
January 11 - PTO Meeting (6:30 cafe)
January 16 - MLK Jr. Day - no school
January 17 - Teacher professional development day (no school for students)
February 8 - PTO Meeting
February 14 - Valentine's Day
February 20 - 24 - February break
March 20-24 - Scholastic Book Fair
March 31 - April 7 - Spring Break
April 12 - PTO Meeting
April 28 - Boone Meadow Bash!
May 1-5 - Teacher Appreciation Week
May 10 - PTO meeting
May 12 - Field Day
May 22 - Kindy Sing
May 24 - Fourth Grade Celebration
May 25 - Last Day of School
School Safety: Visitors & Volunteers Background Checks
When volunteers are needed and approved, appropriate staff members will reach out to you in effort to welcome your support and assistance.
If you plan to volunteer or visit in the future, please note the following information.
Click here for information regarding required Background Checks for volunteers: ZCS Volunteer Background Check
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VOLUNTEERS
We value partnerships with our families and welcome parents and guardians to serve as volunteers in our schools. Each ZCS building typically offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. If you plan to assist as chaperones or engage with children in a volunteer capacity, we strongly recommend getting a criminal background check completed well in advance to have on file.
- Field Trip Chaperones
- Out of Town/Overnight Chaperones
- Volunteer Coaches
- Classroom Helpers (PTO parties/room parents)
- Library Helpers
- After Prom Workers
- Field Day/Jog-A-Thon Volunteers
- Book Fair Sales/Athletic Ticket Sales
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to sign in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VISITORS
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times.
- Lunch Guests
- Classroom Guest Speakers
- Classroom Special Events (Grandparent Day/Famous Hoosiers/etc.)
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
*ZCS thanks all volunteers for generous support of our youth and schools. Thank you, too, for supporting assurance of student and staff safety by completing and paying for a volunteer background check.