Home of the Spartans 5/3-5/7
A Note from the desk of Dr. Haggins
Parents & Students:
Testing season is upon us, and it is imperative that students arrive at school on time. Attached is a copy of the testing calendar for the month of May. The calendar indicates the following:
1. The specific FSA or EOC that is being administered by session (All students must complete session1 & session 2 of FSA Reading (9th & 10th), FSA Algebra, and FSA Geometry assessments.
**The Biology and US History End of Course Exam is a one session test**
2. The name of the teacher indicates the students who are testing
3. The instructional delivery method of who is testing: eLearners, traditional (brick & mortar), or both.
In addition, the calendar includes information about AP Exam administration. Please understand AP exams begin at 8:00 a.m., and students must arrive on campus by 7:30 a.m. on the day of the exam to complete the registration/sign-in process. Students will NOT be allowed to enter an exam once the exam has started.
We will have a modified bell schedule from May 3, 2021, through May 20, 2021; our purpose and goal are to create an environment that is conducive to testing with minimal disruptions. Beginning May 3, 2021, ALL students will report directly to their homeroom class. Once students are in homeroom, we will release them to their assigned testing location or academic boot camp location (we will have several boot camps during this time to provide students with intensified instruction prior to AP exams, the FSA, or End of Course exams).
It is very important that we assess the learning levels of all students. All students are asked to eat a hearty breakfast before school or arrive at school on time to receive breakfast on the day of testing.
We look forward to a great month of May. Our students have worked hard all year, and we are excited for the opportunity they have to demonstrate their achievements. Let's have a great week in the Home of the Spartans!
Dr. Jazrick Haggins
Spoto High School
Spochella & Spartan Door Decorating Contest
USF's Provost's Scholars Program- Seniors
Hello, High School Senior!
Are you a high-achieving student planning to attend the University of South Florida (Tampa campus)? Are you seeking connection and community as part of your college experience? If so, please read about USF’s Provost’s Scholars Program.
What is USF’s Provost’s Scholars Program?
It an exclusive opportunity available to students who
ü Earned 18 credits or more from college, AP/IB or dual enrollment coursework while in high school,
ü Earned a 3.8 weighted high school GPA (as calculated by USF),
ü Scored 1280 SAT or 27 ACT, or higher, and
ü Prefer to complete their bachelor’s degree in three years, instead of four.
Provost's Scholars Program Foundational Experiences
Becoming a Provost’s Scholar requires completing the PSP Pillars, or Foundational Experiences. Each of the Pillars is designed to help you select and pursue meaningful activities that will complement your career path and professional goals, and make you a more competitive candidate for your preferred field or graduate program(s). The Pillars promote intentional involvement, ranging from research to shadowing and internships, to leadership roles and community service, to fostering global awareness. To learn more, please click on each link below.
· Research or Professional Development
What are the Benefits?
The Provost’s Scholars Program can save you time and money, while providing invaluable resources and personalized support.
· Graduate in three years instead of four, and save a year’s worth of college expenses, valued at over $40,000 for Florida residents!
· Get a head start on graduate school, post-baccalaureate scholarship opportunities, or enter the workforce and start earning, a full year ahead of your peers.
· Complete professional activities to prepare for your post-graduation plans, with guidance and goal-setting assistance.
· Receive personalized advising, the opportunity to register for classes before anyone else, and a study abroad scholarship.
· The option to join a community of like-minded, goal-oriented USF Bulls in the PSP Living Learning Community.
Exceptional opportunities and unforgettable memories start here. Please click on the link below to complete your application for the Fall 2021 Cohort.
The application deadline is June 15th, 2021.
Please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to answer your questions.