Friday, May 5, 2017
Tuesday, May 9- 7th Grade House Meeting; PBIS SET Review at 10:00; Elective Team Meeting 1:00. Boys Soccer Playoffs at. Ellerbe 4:15, Girls Soccer at Hamlet 4 P.M., Aspiring Leaders at C/O.
Wednesday, May 10- National School Nurse Day, Progress Reports go home, 6th Grade to the Student Store; P.I.N.K. meets during Spartan Time; ELA/SS Content Level Planning; Principal Leadership at Central Office
Thursday, May 11- Math/Science Content Level Planning; Assistant Principal Leadership at Central Office; Spring Band Concert 7:00pm
Friday, May 12- Muffins for Mom; 6th & 8th Grade House Meetings; 1/2 Day for Students; District-Wide Professional Development (see information below)
Professional Development District PD Day AGENDA: May 12
Professional Development District PD Day May 12 Agenda
- All district PD will be "in house" at each school building. Instructional Facilitators will lead the professional development. The focus of the PD is on Engaging Review Strategies. Please expect PD to last till 3:45. Schools can allow up to a 1 hour lunch in their schedule.
- All principals and data managers should report to Central Office at 12:30 for NC STAR training. The training will take place in the boardroom.
- Student services - PD in PD 2, 12 noon on Mental Health on Friday
Tuesday, May 16- Testing Training During All Planning Periods; 7th Grade House Meeting;Elective Team Meeting 1:00
Wednesday, May 17- 6th Grade to School Store: P.I.N.K. meets during Spartan Time; ELA/SS Content Level Planning; 6th Grade Dance 3:45-5:30pm
Thursday, May 18- Math/Science Content Level Planning
Friday, May 19- 6th & 8th Grade House Meetings; Character Education; End of Year PBIS Celebration
Saturday, May 20- Robotics Competition
- If you are interested in participating in the EOG skit for the pep rally, please contact Mrs. Harris. It will be on the afternoon of May 25th.
- We are in need of clean tin cans. Mrs. McRae will leave a box in the teachers' lounge for them. They are going to create punched tin centerpieces and luminaries for the 8th grade formal. Thanks!!
- Your assistance is needed with holding our students accountable and responsible for their OUTSTANDING FINES. If you all could please assist in reminding your students that if they do not turn in the funds that are owed (Chocolate money, chromebook repairs, classroom supplies and etc. If their outstanding fines are unpaid, they will not be allowed to participate in upcoming activities to include PBIS events, eighth grade formal and any other school-wide activity.
2016-2017 End of School Testing Schedule
2016-2017 End of School Testing Schedule
Friday, May 26- 8th Grade Science EOG (online)
Monday, May 29- Memorial Day Holiday- No School
Tuesday, May 30- Grades 6-8 English Language Arts EOG (paper/pencil)
Wednesday, May 31- Grades 6-8 Mathematics EOG (paper/pencil)
Thursday, June 1- Math I EOC (paper/pencil);
6th and 7th Grade Math Placement Tests
Friday, June 2- 8th Grade English I NCFE (online) (Student with Salzlein)
Grades 6-8 Mathematics and English Language Arts EOG Make Up Day
Monday, June 5- 6th Grade A Day CTE Testing 8:30-10:15am; 6th Grade B Day CTE Testing 10:30-12:00; 8th Grade A Day CTE Testing 2:00-3:20pm (online)
Tuesday, June 6- Grades 6 & 7 NC Final Exams in Science (paper/pencil) (Students with Frazer, Nance only)
8th Grade B Day CTE Testing 8:30-10:15am (online)
CTE Make Ups for 6th Grade A and B Day, 8th Grade A Day 10:30-12:00
Wednesday, June 7- Grades 6-8 NC Final Exams in Social Studies (paper/pencil)
(Students with C. Johnson, Oswald, Boutwell and Whitehead only)
7th Grade A Day CTE Testing 8:30-10:15am; 7th Grade B Day CTE Testing 10:30-12:00 (online)
CTE Make Up for 6th and 8th Graders 2:00-3:20pm
Thursday, June 8- 7th Grade CTE Make Ups
- We are hopeful that techbooks will be in full effect next year. Discovery Ed recently launched a ‘PD Webinar Series’ that will offer various webinars each week. Webinar topics vary from Techbooks to instructional strategies, so teachers will only need to register for the ones that they would like to attend. Everyone can preview the calendar of webinars as well as register from the following link: http://www.discoveryeducation.com/Events/ Teachers may find some of these webinar topics helpful as they begin planning for next school year.
- Also, don’t forget about the ‘Careers that Count: A Virtual Field Trip with the NBA’ this week. Teachers can register for this event as well as view archived events athttp://www.discoveryeducation.com/Events/virtual-field-trips/explore.