Suicide Risk Assessment Workshop
Learn Best Practice in Suicide Risk Assessment Procedures
review important components of suicide prevention and intervention procedures in schools
investigate the balance between risk factors, warning signs and protective factors
become familiar with screening and assessment tools to help identify level of risk
learn how to build systematic school supports
draft a proposal for a suicide prevention and intervention plan for your school
Who should attend?
- All workshops are held at the Prairie Lakes AEA Pocahontas Office
- 8:30-3:30 with 1 hour for lunch
- Cost: Free (cost is covered by the PL-MHAT grant)
- As part of the workshop, you will receive the book Suicide in Schools and hard copy handouts. These resources will be available for you when you arrive at the workshop.
Now Offered for Credit!
The requirements to receive credit are:
- attend the Suicide Risk Assessment Workshop and engage in activities and practices included in the workshop
- submit a team created school suicide prevention and intervention plan
- complete and submit a reflection paper
2022-2023 Regional SRA Assessment Workshops
Course Title: PL- Providing Support for Youth through Suicide Prevention and Risk Assessment.
Course # 201126
Option 1: Friday October 14, 2022
Option 2: Tuesday February 7, 2023
Option 3: Monday April 17, 2023