Monday Memo 5/9/2016
Funkstown School for Early Childhood Education
For the week of Monday, May 9th to Friday, May 13th
OUR VISION: Inspiring Curiosity, Creativity, and Achievement
OUR MISSION: Building a learning environment that meets the needs of every student, fosters mutual respect, and social responsibility which is enhanced by strong partnerships between home, school, and community.
News, Notes and Reminders
The next few weeks will be very busy with many end of the year activities and required end of year assessments and tasks. Remember to set the tone of calm for your students by taking a deep and enjoying these last few days. I know that is easier said than done, but your students will remember much more about these last few weeks if you are relaxed. It will help them to be a little less wound up too. See the Edutopia article below for Positive Strategies to Avoid Stress, Anxiety, and Burnout.
BOOK MOBILE- Tuesday will be the last visit for the Washington County Book Mobile for the year. Please be sure to check your classroom libraries for any books that may belong to the book mobile.
A big thanks to everyone for your patience as we finish up the last of our required safety drills for the year. We have just a few more to complete and will do so in the next two weeks.
There are 21.5 (Kindergarten) teaching and learning days left in this school year!! (Pre-K 21 days) Let's make the most of every single day!
Monday, May 9th
Tuesday, May 10th
Meeting for Unit I staff only in the library at 3:00 pm for MacBook delivery/deployment. Bill Donahue will be leading this meeting.
Wednesday, May 11th
IEP transition meetings today - You will find the agenda for the IEP meetings on the Funkstown IEP meetings shared doc. If you cannot find this document please see Bridget Stine.
Pre-K music performance 6:00 pm in the cafeteria
Thursday, May 12th
Friday, May 13th
Cinco de Mayo Day- don't forget your Mexican food contribution for lunch!
- IEP/transition meetings will take place on May 11, 18, 24, 25 June 1, 2, 8
- May 17th- Ready at Five Symposium, Emotional Intelligence- From Theory to Practice - Turf Valley Conference Center.
- May 18th Pre-K music program - cafeteria at 6:00 pm
- May 19th- Pre-K to Misty Meadows Farm - Kindergarten to KinderKonzert
- May 25th- Celebrating Tammy's retirement at Aqua 103 Happy Hour.
- May 27th- Funkstown Field Day
- May 30th- Memorial Day- Schools and CES closed
- June 3rd - End of Year Celebrations for K (raindate June 6th)
- June 7th- Last day of school for Pre-K students
- June 8th- Last 1/2 day of school for Kindergarten students
- June 8th-End of year celebration to say farewell to staff who will not be returning
- June 9th- Last day of school for staff
- June 9th- Social/Wellness Committee Social- The Stadium.
- June 10th- HAPPY SUMMER!