What Happened At School This Week?
• We began our study of Helen Keller. The kids explored a website dedicated to the life of this important figure. We also introduced new vocabulary words that focused on the first chapter of the book we are reading. The words are: scarlet fever, jealous, frustrated, tantrums, and vibrations.
• The kids continue to love learning all about geography. During the week, the kids learned more about cardinal directions and how to use a map key. At the end of the week, the kids had the opportunity to create their own map of the classroom.
• Evan Kim was a fabulous Top Gardener!
• Mrs. Boswell surprised our class as the Mystery Reader. She read two very silly books to the class.
• We started Jr. Achievement this week. This is a great program that invites volunteers from our community to come into our room and teach us about the community. This weeks lesson focused on the different workers that are found in a community. The kids really enjoyed getting to meet our volunteer.
• Friday was spirit day!
• We started Secret Student this week. Each day, a child is selected. If this child exhibits positive behavior throughout the day, they are awarded a special prize. The kids have really liked this new award.
• We earned our 22 Brownie Points. To celebrate, the kids wanted to have a class show and tell session.
What Will Next Week Look Like?
• We will continue and complete our MLK writing piece.
• In reading, we will continue reading our Helen Keller book. The book is called, Helen Keller by, Margaret Davidson. At the end of the week, the kids will create tableaus.
• We will begin our study of Vernon Hills.
• During the week, different children will be selected to summarize the chapter we read the previous day.
How Can You Help?
Follow the album 'Mrs. Sabin's Class' on Homeroom:
• Would you like to help with the Valentine's Party? Please send me an email and I will add you to the list.
• A note about our vision board is going home today. If you have something to contribute, please send it to school.
• We are still in need of wipes. If you can donate some it would greatly appreciated!