Back to School News
Welcome to the 2022-23 School Year!
On behalf of our Kimball Hill staff, I am excited to welcome all Kimball Hill students and families to the 2022-23 school year! We hope you all had a restful and exciting summer vacation! It is unbelievable how quickly time flies!
We are looking forward to another successful and fun school year! I am truly priveledged to be able to lead such an amazing school community! Kimball Hill is both a place where students can dive into learning and excel; as well as develop lasting friendships and connections with their teachers. We are excited to partner with you to ensure ALL students achieve their highest potential. We strongly believe that to be successful in school, all children need support from both home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a significant difference in your child’s education. I kindly ask that you maintain open lines of communication with your child's teacher and reach out directly to the teacher first if you have a question and/or concern. As always, I am available via phone or email should you have any questions, concerns or feedback!
Enjoy the remainder of your summer days!
Kimball Hill Principal
NEW School Hours
Mon - Thurs
8:25 am - 3:05 pm
KDG AM: 8:25 am - 11:00 am
KDG PM: 12:30-3:05 pm
8:25 am - 2:15 pm
KDG AM: 8:25 - 10:35 am
KDG PM: 12:05 - 2:15 pm
LUNCH: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Doors will open for breakfast at 8:10am. If your child needs a breakfast, they can grab a breakfast bag between 8:10-8:20 am from the lunchroom. Those not in need of a breakfast should arrive to school closer to 8:20am. Class begins at 8:25am.
If you are in need of before school care, please call the main office for information for REC childcare through the RM Park, housed at Kimball Hill or you can call the RM Park District for assistance.
Classroom Teacher Assignment
You can expect the teacher to reach out to you once they return from their summer vacation; which will be the week of Monday, August 15th.
Transportation details will also be available; however you will need to check back a few days before school begins as adjustments may be made.
If you have not provided residency proof and have been contacted by our office staff, you will be unable to view your child's teacher until that has been submitted and approved. It is very important that you complete the online registration process right away as this can affect staffing.
Meet the Teacher
If you are in need of supplies, please save the date for Friday, August 12th at 4:00pm at the East Park Apartment Complex, Rolling Meadows. More details coming soon!
First Day of School
As a reminder, the first day is a half day for first through sixth graders on Wednesday, August 17, but will remain a full day for staff.
Early Childhood and Kindergarten classes will begin as scheduled on Thursday, August 18, 2022, with no adjustments to the length of their first days.
Breakfast & Lunch
For lunch, students will need to notify their teacher at the start of the day when lunch count and attendance is being taken. Notification regarding breakfast is not necessary. Breakfast will be served to students BEFORE school, if they arrive prior to the start of the school day (8:10am-8:20am). Students will be directed to the lunchroom upon arrival if they would like to grab a breakfast bag to go, to be eaten at their desks. If your child would like a breakfast, please remind them that they will need to go straight to the lunchroom BEFORE heading to their classroom. Thank you for your assistance with this.
Kimball Hill Bells:
1st Bell: 8:10 a.m. - Doors open for students who are in need of breakfast. We do recommend students arrive closer to the bell at 8:20 if they do NOT need a breakfast bag. Students can enter through the main entrance, door 10 by School Street and Door 8 by LRC.
2nd Bell: 8:25 a.m. - Classes will begin. At this time, all exterior doors are locked except for the main entrance. Students who arrive late (after 8:25 a.m.) must enter through the front door. Parents MUST sign them into the main office.
A.M. Procedures: During AM drop off times, the front parking lot is closed. We encourage all families to utilize our drop off procedure rather than “the park and walk in” method. Our drop off method is designed to build independence and confidence of our students, provide a safe experience and is the most efficient method for the high volume of vehicles dropping off students. If you need to park and come inside, please use street parking, follow street signs. You can drop off on School Street and students can use Door 10 by School Street for a more convenient entry. Please follow traffic laws. No child should be unsupervised on campus before school begins. The side staff parking lot (next to Jewel Osco) is reserved for buses and staff parking. The front parking lot is for staff only. Please do not park in these lots and we kindly ask that you do not move our school cones to drop off students or pick up students in these areas. Dismissal procedures will be provided from your child's teacher.
- If you use the semi-circle in front of school to drop off, all vehicles should enter at the north end of the circle drive and exit at the south end. There will be one lane of traffic.
- Pull up as far as possible toward the stop sign to let out your child. Each child should get out of the car on the curb side. Parents should remain in their cars as this will help the line to flow and prevent congestion. Staff will be out front to help students get out of their cars and into the building each morning.
- Both A.M. and P.M. Kindergarten will be dropped off at the front of the building, as well. Staff will be there to receive these students and help them get to their classroom.
- If you are dropping off your child for the REC program around 8:10 a.m., please park in the parking lot—NOT the circle drive—and use the crosswalk to bring your child into the building.
- All vehicles using the front semi-circle should enter at the north end and exit at the south end; otherwise please feel free to use street parking.
- Please continue to pull all the way forward to allow for a continuous, safe flow of cars.
- Parents will need to remain in their car when their student(s) enters the vehicle.
- Staff will assist to ensure your child gets to your car safely.
- Please remind your child to enter the car on the side of the school, if possible.
- Feel free to display your child's name and teacher/grade in windshield.
- To avoid a bottleneck, please consider parking along School Street, following street signs. Children can then walk to the car. The residential side of School Street is a public street- all traffic laws do apply. Please be aware of blocking the driveways of private homes- this is prohibited. The RMPD will enforce parking restrictions. Parents are urged to adhere. Families who have followed this suggestion have been pleased. They have simply set a predetermined area for their child(ren) to walk to each day. Congestion around the building has been avoided, and a safer environment has been created for all children. There is also street parking or you may use the Jewel lot.
We ask parents to follow our school rules for parking to ensure a safe dismissal for students and to be respectful to staff on duty who are watching out for the safety of all children.
Walking to School/Crossing Guards: If your child walks to school, we have adult crossing guards that are provided by the Rolling Meadows Police Department. Please take advantage of these services at the following locations:
- Kirchoff and Meadow
- School Street and Meadow
- Campbell and Meadow
Please support our school PTA and become a member! It only costs $8 for the year! It is a great way to get involved! You can give as little or as much time as you have!