Red Ribbon Week, Bully Prevention, Positive Phone Calls
Red Ribbon Week 10/20-10/24
Red Ribbon Week (RRW) is around the corner and I think it would be great to share ideas about what we're planning to do for RRW at ea. site. Below is an image of the red silicone bracelets PTA will be ordering for my campus. I specifically chose this one because it's message is to be both Drug & Bully Free (killing 2 birds with one stone). Also, velow I've shared a link with tips on how to make RRW effective and successful. Lastly, I've included my tentative RRW draft for MV below via googleDoc. Please feel free to share your creative ideas with all of us when you get a chance. I'd LOVE to see them! =)
One School. One Goal. Bully & Drug Free.
Love Yourself. Be Drug Free.
This is the National Red Ribbon Week theme for 2014.
We Are Vista Everyday!
National Bullying Prevention Center
Here's what I'm planning to do at mine:
- Guidance Lessons (Anti-Bullying/Friendship/ Make your Mark!)
- "Walk in my shoes" Assembly for grades 4-5
- I signed my school up to "Be a Champion Against Bullying" via National Bullying Prevention Center below. PLEASE BECOME A CHAMPION AND SIGN UP! (link below)
- Collaborate with VHS Character Ed. (Friday Flag/Assembly?)
- We are running a school-wide campaign to purchase 3 Buddy Benches
- Creating info. anti-bullying tri-fold brochure to distribute to students in grades 3-5. (I will share this draft with you soon)