Leading the pack in education
November 16 Grades Due in Skyward: Faculty meeting cancelled
November 17 Reading & SS CBA's must be scanned by the end of the day
November 17 Math CBA (@ HHE only)
November 18 Instructional Rounds
November 18 Special Awards recorded in spreadsheet (see below)
November 19 Science CBA
November 20 Special House Celebration
November 20 Fire Drill
November 20 All Math and Science CBA's must be scanned before leaving campus
November 21-29 Thanksgiving Break
November 30 PLC Art Day; Dawn Fielder will visit with your grade level during the PLC time
December 4 Rebelair Concert in the cafeteria 2:00-2:30
December 8 5th Grade musical
December 10&11 Data Meetings
December 15 OC Burger Night
December 16 Spelling Bee 8:30-10:30
December 17 Student half-day (Release at 12:30)
December 17 Winter Party Day
December 18 Student half-day (Release at 12:30)
December 18 All School Sing Along 8:30-9:30
December 19-January 3 Winter Break
BISD Foundation Grant
Every year we have received grants from the Foundation that has made a tremendous impact on our students. Please take the time to consider applying for a grant that impacts our school as a whole. These must be completed by December 11th.
House Award Sheet
Please have this completed by Wednesday. You can see everyone in the school so be sure to remind your teammates if you notice the deadline approaching and theirs is still blank.
The above link is the sheet for recording bonus house points for the 2nd six weeks. Below are the directions:
- Scroll down to your class
- DOUBLE check to make sure you have all your students listed and they are in the correct house. Make changes/additions if needed. I fixed all the siblings that I was made aware of, but if you have siblings who are not in the same house, now is the time to correct this! If you correct a student’s house, please highlight what you corrected. If a student needs to be added or deleted, just make the changes and save it.
- Put in a number 1 in the box your student earned
I will have everything ready for your house celebration on Friday morning (except the energy and any music you want to have in your award celebration)
NEAT= Never Ever Absent or Tardy (perfect attendance)
O.C.= Outstanding Citizen (only 1 per class)
Growth= Student who had exceptional growth in academics, behavior, maturity, or other specific area. We have this as the rarest award and there should only be 4-8 per grade level, sometimes last year we had only 2 per grade level. If a student has earned this award, please make a note in the far right box explaining the growth
A Honor Roll = all grades are 90 or above
A/B Honor Roll = all grades are 80 or above
All E's = conduct, work habits, music, and PE
Questioning Technique Review from Teach Like a Champion
Friday was a huge success and now over 90% of us have our I-Pad mini's. If you work with students and were not able to attend this past session, it is important you look forward to upcoming Project Innovate training and attend these as soon as possible.
When your Project Innovate iPad has been updated to iOS 9, you will have the ability to mirror your iPad to your computer via Reflector 2 software. After you (or tech support remotely) installs Reflector 2 on your teacher computer you can project your iPad (or iPhone) screen for a whole class to see, interact with, discuss, and analyze. Apps, videos, on-line textbooks, digital formative assessments, and the camera feature can be projected in a large format.
Submit a Tech Services Helpdesk ticket to have the software installed to your teacher machine at your convenience. Click here to learn more about using Reflector 2.
Jeff Samuelson will start coming to visit your grade levels for once a month trainings starting in January. Please email him for any specific support you need, he will be on our campus one day a week to help support you and we want to take advantage of this help.
Reminders and Focus
- Our goal is to be level 3 (or moving close to it) in most areas on the district rubric for TEKS centered teaching. I have seen many great examples of students interacting with the TEKS in class. Be sure to not only post them, but have discussions so that students understand the goal of their learning.
- Ensure teacher standards are up and you are discussing these with students.
- 6 hour Gifted Training Update due by December 31st
- Continue to build strong, positive relationships with all the students. Smile often. Choose to see the good and positive. Focus on growth and celebrate often. Nothing is more helpful in the learning process than the effects of trust and joy.
- PLC's should be meeting weekly to answer the 4 questions. Common Formative Assessments should done after mapping out the six weeks, then planning for learning should take place. If you need any support in this, please contact our coaches, Erin, and myself.
- Rigor, relevance, and engagement strategies should be focus on when planning for learning