AUSCHWITZ: A PLACE WORSE THEN HELL
Brayden Carroll 5th
2. Anne franks father survived Auschwitz and then died of lung cancer in 1980.
3. During the holocaust, jewish boxer Salamo Arouch was imprisoned in Auschwitz. He was forced to fight fellow prisoners; the losers were sent to the gas chambers or shot. he survived over two years and 200 fights until the camp was liberated.
4. Of a total of about 7000 staff at Auschwitz, only 750 were ever punished.
5. 1.1 million people died in the four years of service at Auschwitz.
6. The main camp of auschwitz was like a small town, with its own staff canteen, cinema, theatre and grocery store.
7. in Auschwitz, a SS guard fell in love with a jewish prisoner. he saved her life multiple times and she testified on his behalf during his post-war trial.
8. Witold pilecki, and polish soldier, volunteered to be imprisoned in Auschwitz in order to gather information, Escape and let the world know about the holocaust.
9. Bayer, famous for producing aspirin, bought prisoners from Auschwitz, to use as research subjects for testing new drugs.
10. During a revolt at the Auschwitz concentration camp, a SS guard was stabbed, and then burned alive in a cremation oven