News Now with Norris!
A weekly newsletter from your Norris Knights.
September 25, 2015
This was a packed week on campus! It started off with a wonderful campus dedication program on Sunday. It was such a pleasure to see so many of you there supporting our campus and participating in such a historic event. A special thanks to our Norris Choir and Mr. Plyler who did an amazing job during their performance.
We added a second grade and third grade classroom. Welcome to Ms. Cardaropoli and Ms. Jenkins! Our district’s commitment to excellence is evidenced by their willingness to hire new staff as needed to ensure that class size is kept at or below the allowable maximum. Change is difficult but sometimes necessary and we appreciate the understanding of all of the parents in those grade levels.
This week was College and Career Week. We learned about the importance of attending college and exploring career options. We had guest speakers share their college and career journey to demonstrate the many twist and turns our education may take us.
We passed our goal of collecting over 200 food items for Frisco Family Services! Ask your child which class got to pie me in the face for bringing in the most items. Frisco Family Services was thrilled to have the contributions.
We were very fortunate to celebrate learning by having the authors of The Napping House, Audrey and Don Wood, join our K-2 classes. The children absolutely loved listening to them. And by the way, your children were GREAT audience members.
Have you noticed the look of our building changing? The PTA parents have been hard at work in preparation for our Book Fair. Make sure to stop by and visit one day next week. Speaking of PTA, have you joined? Have you volunteered yet? If not, check out the PTA website to see what's going on and volunteer. We love to have parents in and out of our building helping us. They are a fantastic and inviting group of parents working hard to make our campus all that it can be.
See what I mean? It was a busy week. Let's enjoy the weekend and get some rest!
Campus Connecting Corner!
- Book Fair is NEXT WEEK!!!
- October 1st is Literacy Night. Check out the information below in the PTA section.
- Save the date for parent teacher conferences. It will be on October 12th. This is a time for you to visit with your child's teacher to find out how your child is progressing.
- Don't forget the invitation to join the Pre Game Spirit line for the HHS game on October 9th.
- Sign up for the clubs if you are interested. DI has now started forming. If you are interested in joining this academic team, please fill out the forms on the following link. Kinder is now trying to find enough members to create a team.https://docs.google.com/a/friscoisd.org/forms/d/12mltdBC0h0MVYnVDIo9NwzmVUvMJKSR-1HH0IAO07_c/edit
News from our PTA
- Don't forget literacy night is October 1st. Get all the details here http://norrispta.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Literacy-Night-21.pdf
- It's not too late to turn in party money! Get the form here - http://norrispta.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/CLASS-PARTIES-web-version.pdf
- Celebrate Walk to School With Us! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 7! We invite you to take part in this international event. Lace up your tennis shoes and start your day off on the right foot by walking to school! Don't live within walking distance? You can still take part in the festivities. Drive to school, park your car close by, and give your child the opportunity to celebrate a healthy lifestyle and join in on the fun! PTA volunteers will be there to cheer you on & hand out water, a healthy snack, stickers and spirit sticks to students walking to school. See you then!
- Rufus the recycling dog will be at Norris Now, October 16th! Get excited!
- As always stay up to date by following us on Facebook - facebook.com/norrispta
Remember the HHS Pre-Game Spirit Line I was talking about......
Check out this cool invitation we got!
Calling ALL Norris students…
Who: Norris Students and Parents
What: Pre-Game Spirit Line
When: October 9, 2015
Where: Memorial Stadium, 6950 Stadium Drive, Frisco 75034. (off of N. County Road)
Why: Support our community High School and Coyotes
We would like to invite ALL of Norris Elementary to a Heritage pre-game spirit line on Friday, October 9, 2015 @ 6:30. Game starts at 7:00. Please try to be on time.
Wear your Norris spirit shirt and you will be allowed to stand on the sidelines while the Coyote Football team runs through the tunnel.
Each student will be given a free admission to the game as long as their Norris shirt is worn. Tickets for parents can be purchased at the gate or online at tickets.friscoisd.org.
Bring signs and banners and let’s show the Coyotes our Norris Spirit!
Students will meet at the East side of the field by the Fieldhouse around the flag poles at the FISD Memorial Stadium at 6:30pm.
Pre-sell Ticket Prices:
Kids with a NORRIS shirt on: FREE
ALL Tickets at the Gate $7
Put on your dancing shoes!
IHS Sponsored Royals Daddy Daughter Dance!
Daddy Daughter Dance hosted by the IHS Royals Drill Team will take place on Saturday, October 24, 2015 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm or 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm , depending on age.
For more information or to register, please go to ihsroyals.org.