FAC Weekly Update
November 20, 2020
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
I hope you had a wonderful week! We are approaching the Thanksgiving Holiday, and this will be our last update before a well-earned break for all. I speak for the FAC Faculty and Staff when I express our gratitude to you for entrusting us with the education of your child. Now more than ever, our role as arts educators is essential to society. We are so honored to have the opportunity to foster your child's passion and growth in the arts and thank you for your continued support of the mission of the Fine Arts Center.
Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
Video Message from Mr. Popat
Keep Us In the Loop
Mask Up GCS
- Though statistics show individuals are safer from the risk of COVID inside our schools where protocols are strict, we could soon reach a tipping point where the number of employee absences would make it impossible for us to safely supervise students. This would result in a temporary return to eLearning.
- The community can help us stay on track by following recommended precautions outside of school: wear a mask when in public, avoid large gatherings, frequently wash or sanitize hands and high-touch surfaces, stay home and away from others when sick, and seek medical advice when running a fever, developing a new or worsening cough, experiencing shortness of breath, or losing the sense of taste or smell.
- Do NOT send students to school who are symptomatic of any contagious disease and follow DHEC instructions on COVID isolations and quarantines.
Treats for the FAC Staff
At the end of each quarter, the FAC Administration would like to treat our faculty and staff with a snack and beverage cart. If you are interested in helping supply items, or to make a donation, please contact Assistant Director, Kaci Cotter or Secretary, Erin Poole. Contact information is below.
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
MAKE OTHERS FEEL IMPORTANT - November 12, page 346
“When talking about charisma, it all boils down to this: The person without charisma walks into a group and says, 'Here I am.' The person with charisma walks into a group and says, 'There you are.”
― John C. Maxwell, The Maxwell Daily Reader: 365 Days of Insight to Develop the Leader Within You and Influence Those Around You
VIRTUAL COLLEGE VISITS - Join Us!
The website for the full schedule and listing of participants is:
- Prudential Spirit of Community Awards – State Honorees receive $1,000 and a trip to Washington D.C. National Honorees receive additional $5,000. Largest youth recognition program based on volunteerism and community service. Open to students in grade 5-12. More details at www.prudential.com/spirit. Deadline November 20, 2020.
- College Board Opportunity Scholarships are micro-scholarships that high school students can earn by taking steps on their path to college. https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/
Congrats to Voice Students!
STEPS TO RETURN TO SCHOOL IF EXPOSED to/SYMPTOMATIC WITH COVID
Fine Arts Center - Greenville County Schools
Preparing dedicated students for 21st-century careers through rigorous, pre-professional arts training in a dynamic, inclusive, collaborative learning community.