Are you interested in helping with the Trunk or Treat event?
October 27th will be here before we know it! Our Booster Club is looking for families interested in being a part of the Trunk or Treat...please contact Tracey Leder if you are interested (208-419-6002)!
Sharing School Data
Our kids work hard and our staff works hard to teach the standards to our students in a way that helps them grow and strengthen their skills to set them up for future success. Our data doesn't seem to reflect all that hard work. We all want 100% of our kids to be meeting the benchmark standards and for 100% of our kids to attend school 100% of the time...but it's also important to know where we are, and create attainable goals that we can fulfill each year.
It is humbling to tell our Fir Grove families our goals...they are quite low; however, we are focused on using high quality instructional materials, purposeful instructional strategies, and connecting with our kids to support social, emotional, and academic growth. We have the right people in front of our kids and we will overcome this surprisingly low data.
Using the data outcomes from the state assessment, the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC), we have the following goals for our Fir Grove students in grades 3-5:
- Our goal for our Falcon Mathematicians is that 31% of our students in grades 3-5 will meet or exceed the standards, with a stretch goal of 35% demonstrating growth this school year.
- Our goal for our Falcon Readers and Writers is that 44% of our students in grades 3-5 will meet or exceed the standards, with a stretch goal of 48% demonstrating growth this school year.
- Our goal for our Falcon Scientists is that 25% of our 5th grade students will meet or exceed the standards on the Science assessment, with a stretch goal of 29% demonstrating growth this school year.
A school-wide goal (Kindergarten through 5th grade) for attendance is:
- 58% of our students will attend 90% or more of the school year (this means missing fewer than 17 school days in the year).
Thank you to our families who have submitted responses to our September Check-in Survey! If you have a moment, we'd love your feedback!
- 75% of our students have an attendance rate of 90% or higher this year (have missed 1 or fewer days of school so far)...we've dropped a little bit from last week (77%) but we are still on track with our goal!
- Lost and Found is starting to collect on our wall of Lost Items!
- One thing that would help tremendously would be if you could write your child's name inside sweatshirts/jackets/vests/lunchboxes! That would be the best way for us to find the owners to lost items!
- Picture Day is THIS Tuesday!!!
- Booster Club is the 1st Tuesday of the month...which is coming up fast! October 3rd - 6 pm - in the Fir Grove library!
- We will be doing a Jog-a-Thon on October 31st this year! The money raised will help us purchase items for school-wide celebrations. More information to come.
Wishing you all well ~ Mrs. Hanson ❤️
Dates to be aware of...
9/26: Picture Day!
9/29: Bottle Drop bags will be handed out and...
- You can drop off your filled bags on a parked trailer during Driver Drop-Off/Pick-Up
10/3: Booster Club meeting @ 6 pm in Fir Grove Library
10/5: STEAM Day
10/11: MOD Pizza family dinner night fundraiser...more information to come
- (it will be just like the Chipotle fundraiser!)
10/17: Skate Night @ Parkway Skating (6-8 pm)
10/27: No School for students
- Trunk or Treat in Fir Grove parking lot
Fir Grove Vision and Mission
Fir Grove is a safe, welcoming school where students, families, staff, and community are a part of our Fir Grove Family. All are:
- Treated with respect
- Involved and united with a focus on learning
- Focused on high standards
- Provided opportunities to celebrate successes.
Students, staff, and families are excited about learning and are excelling academically and socially. Our students will leave Fir Grove prepared for their next steps with a strong foundation and a focus on serving our community.
Links to keep you informed...
- Elementary School Calendar
- Download the Remind app to keep up to date with teacher and school information (e.g., the Falcon Flyer will be sent at least monthly through the Remind app).
- Check out our Facebook page (Fir Grove Falcons)
- Website: Fir Grove and Roseburg Public Schools
- Please check backpacks for information from classroom teachers, specialists, and the school.
Thank you for being a part of our School Family! I wish you all well! ❤
Katrina Hanson | Principal