Benson Bunny News
MAY 13, 2022
STATE TRACK QUALIFIERS
We still have 20 copies of the yearbook for sale! Buy one today in room 129 for $50. Cash only.
Once the yearbooks arrive, they will be $70.
OMAHA VIRTUAL SCHOOL APPLICATIONS
- Omaha Virtual School - Middle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmXK432eDOE
HOST A FRENCH STUDENT THIS SUMMER!
Did you know...
- Our community has the chance to welcome young visitors from France/Spain this summer. Students visit for 3 weeks in June and July.
- Hosting is FREE - families provide a separate bed and meals, but students bring spending money, medical insurance, and a desire to experience REAL LIFE with an American family.
- Your life is INTERESTING! Even your everday routines are new for a visiting teenager!
- We need your help - please consider opening your home and your hearts to a visiting student this summer!
Dates and Details below:
June 16 - July 9, 2022- from Lycée St Marc, Bourgoin-Jallieu, France
Students come from a school near Lyon, France. They range in age from 14-17 years old and are part of a special program that concentrates on English. (Several of their classes are taught in English!) There are no group activities, and students look forward to experiencing the daily life of their hosts. They will arrive and depart Omaha, NE, for hosting within 3-4 hours drive. All visiting students will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Group ID: AG15116
To apply, go to www.languageandfriendship.com/login and use the Group ID listed above. More information on the Hosting Program can be found online at: www.languageandfriendship.com/hosting
WANT TO JOIN STUDENT COUNCIL?
Want to develop leadership skills while helping plan prom and homecoming? If so, join Student Council.
If students have questions, they can come to see Ms. Schmitz in room 200 or play "Where's Ms. Lobato?"
BUNNY DEN PANTRY
If you or your family is in short term need of resources (such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, socks, winter gear, etc), please see Ms. Mason, School Social Worker in the counseling office, room 222 or you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seniors Last Day - Friday, May 13, 2022. All classroom work and testing needs to be finalize that day. Please continue to speak to your teachers to make sure all work is complete and with your counselors to make sure you have all credits needed to graduate.
- Caps and Gowns - will be distributed to the seniors on their last day when they turn in all of their school items and have paid all of their fines. (Reminder: the mortar board (cap) and the gown are NOT to be decorated with anything that is not approved by Administration. If it is, the decorations will be removed before entering the arena.
- Tickets - Each Graduate will be given 8 (THIS WAS INCREASED) tickets only and cannot purchase any more than that.
- Rehearsal - Thursday, May 26, @ 8:15 am to 9:30 am at the Baxter Arena, Seniors must attend the rehearsal to graduate that evening.
- Graduation - Thursday, May 26 @ 7:00 pm, graduates may enter the arena at 5:00 pm. (NEW TIME) Parents and guest may enter the arena at 6:00 pm.
- Photos will be taken in the Holland arena (graduate staging area) when you arrive at 5:30 pm. These photos will be available on the Benson website a short time after graduation day for families to download.
- WATCH IT LIVE! As graduation quickly approaches, we want to share the ceremony live stream links. The live streams will begin 15 minutes prior to the event’s scheduled start. Please share your school’s commencement link with your family and friends!
Click Benson High to view it!
If you have not ordered your cap and gown by now, stop by Mr. Campin's office and pick up the information sheet that is on the counter right outside his office. Please do not wait till the last minute or you take the chance of not receiving yours for graduation. You must have a cap and gown to walk in the ceremony.
More information will be posted on the Benson website concerning information on parking, entrances, acceptable items in the arena and all of the does and don't for that evening.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB MEETINGS
The following clubs will meet after school on these dates.
ART CLUB: May 16
FUTURE FEMALE LEADERS OF BENSON: May 18 (Party and Awards).
The Jesus Club will be meeting on Wednesdays from 3:15-4:15 pm in Room 226. If you are interested in learning more about the Bible, Jesus, and/or would like to praise God and pray together with other students here at our school, come check us out! 🙂
Do you enjoy writing poetry; do you enjoy performing; do you sing; do you rap? If you answered yes to any of these questions, please join us in Benson's Poetry Club after school on Tuesdays from 3:15 pm until 5:00 pm in room 223.
THRIVE CLUB: Meets every Wednesday after school in the cafeteria.
May 26: Rehearsal and Graduation
May 26: A-Day final exams for 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students.
May 27: B-Day final exams for 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students.