Mansfield Township Weekly News
Week Ending September 8th
No words can express how excited I am to be part of the Mansfield Team. I promise I will do my very best for you and the 4th Grade Team this year.
I know for your Friday newsletters you do a shout out to show special thanks/admiration to teachers. I would like to send a huge thank you to my 4th grade team. Since the moment I was hired they welcomed me with open arms. From emails to our lunch date. Thank you to Peg for taking her time out of her summer and spending over 4 hours with me on the curriculum and just telling me to breathe. Thank you to Stacey for all our phone conversations and to Jill for popping in and just checking on me when setting up my classroom. To feel so welcomed is such an honor!
- Rachel Cohen- Grade 4 Teacher
I would like to thank the third grade team for everything they have done to help myself and each other kick off a great school year. You all are amazing women and I am honored to work with you.
Shout out to the entire 5th grade team for all of their help these past few days. They have been a great support system and I look forward to working with them this year!!
- Kim Rosenberg
A big thank you to Sarah & Ashley and the administrative team for organizing our breakfasts!
Thanks to Peg Traino aka "Scholarship Queen" for all that you do to honor our former students!
Thank you to Maureen & Lisa Grieco for welcoming us with open arms, and keeping us afloat while we dive into third grade! We are excited for our journey together!
The Third Grade Team Thank you to the CST, for all the updates this week! It takes a village!
- Christine & Kelley
Thank you to Mr. Steve, for doing the impossible... getting our shelf back in the cabinet on the hottest day of the summer! Your perseverance and persistence was appreciated! Thanks for all the laughs!
- Kelley & Christine
Thank you Donna for knowing the way to a teacher's heart! Kelley Thank you to our "Santas" for delivering all of our supplies this week!
- Kelley Tellefsen
To Judy Shapiro- Thank her for her continued support and encouragement!!
- Kim Rosenberg
Krissy Patton for staying late and working ridiculously hard to ensure for a successful first few days of school.The entire Kindergarten team for helping the newest addition to their team prepare an entire classroom from scratch, with minimal materials, in only a few days’ notice. I am so proud to have you as part of our staff here at JHES!
- Stacy Cullari
Interesting Back to School Facts
* Labor Day is the unofficial end of summer and the start of the back to school season.
* Until the late 1800’s only the wealthy got to attend school.
* Did you know that high school didn’t exist until the 1930’s! High school started during the Great Depression. Due to lack of jobs it was decided to keeps teenagers in school and out of the workforce so more adults with families can get a job.
* In the U.S approximately 480,000 school buses bring children back and forth to school each day.
* School buses are yellow because yellow attracts more attention than any other color.
* In 1903 Crayola started making crayons.They originally only came in 8 colors: blue, black, brown, green, orange, red, violet and yellow. Now Crayola makes 120 different colors! By the time a child turns 10 years old it is believed that they have worn down 730 crayons!
* Worldwide more than 14 billion pencils are made every year. On average a single pencil can be sharpened 17 times and write 45,000 words! Pencils can write in space with zero gravity, under water and upside down. It is believed that a single pencil can draw a line 35 miles long. The eraser was added to the pencil in 1858. Before erasers it was common for people to erase pencil using crumbs from white bread. Teachers originally did not want pencils to have erasers because it was believed it would encourage children to make mistakes.
* 2.4% of children worldwide suffer from Didaskaleinophobia which is the fear of going to school.
South Jersey vs. North Jersey
Stay Tuned for a Little Friendly Competition
September Salad Recipes
Spectacular Science Ideas for Teachers
Around the Country
September 7 - School Opens - Early Dismissal
September 11-BOE meeting in MTES Library 6:30pm
September 14 - JHES Back to School Night
September 14- Initial Mentoring Mtg 3:45-4:45
September 15 - DEAC Committee Mtg in Supt. Conf Room 9am-11:30
September 25-Mentor/Mentee Meeting in Supt Conf Room 3:45-4:45
September 28 - MTES Back to School Night