How smartphones can lead to danger
By Hannah and Aleena
- 58% of kids under 19 die because of Digital Distraction
- 1 in 3 people cross busy streets while using their phones
- 80% of teenagers sleep with their phones nearby
- 53 hours is the amount of time a teenager spends in front of a screen per week
- 3,339 is the average # of text a teenager sends or receives per month
Christina stepped into a crosswalk and was struck by a car. She later died at the hospital.
Then there was a 16 year old boy in new york who walked into a telephone pole with such force he suffered a concussion.
In Ohio a 14 year old boy was walking across a bridge when he fell off, plummeting 8 feet into a rocky ditch. He sustained serious chest and shoulder injuries.
What is dopamine?
Dopamine is a feel good chemical that floods your brain and causes yourself to get closer and closer to your phone.