The Human Parabola
Maddison and Lorena
The distance and height are both measured in feet.The vertex of Maddison is (3,3).
The two roots of Maddison from where she started and to where she landed is (0,0) and (6.75,0).
The standard form for the parabola is: f(x)=-1/3x^2-6x+12
The vertex form for the parabola is: f(x)=-1/3(x-3)^2+3
2. At the spot where Maddison lands on the ground, what is the relevance to the equation? It is used as a root. The root is the second root and the root is (6.75,0)
3. What is the maximum height of Maddison? 3ft
4. How far away is Maddison when she reaches her maximum height? 3ft.
5. What is the domain related to the distance Maddison is from her starting point? 0<_x<_-7
6. What is the range related to the height of Maddison? Y<_3