Japanese 1 - Lesson 8
Week of 3/23 - 3/27
Mid Term Open Until 11PM Monday Night
Due to technical issues with Blackboard on Sunday Night the Mid Term Exam link will be open until 10PM on Monday Night. Be sure to submit all 3 parts of the midterm exam prior to 10PM on 3/23/2015. The link will no longer be open after that and anything not submitted will be left as a 0.
NCVPS offers a FREE peer tutoring center for all students of Japanese 1 to receive some extra help or practice with the course material. Click the button above to access it and log in with your NCVPS ID and password.
What's Due This Week?
The assignments listed below are deliverable items to be submitted by the end of the day they are due.
Tuesday: Lesson 8 Writing Assignment
Wednesday: Lesson 8 Cultural Discussion
Thursday: Lesson 8 Speaking Assignment
Friday: Lesson 8 Quiz
Remember to attend BOTH of your scheduled language coaching sessions this week. If you need to make up any missed coaching sessions please do so this week. You can make up a missed coaching session any time Japanese 1 coaching is offered.
Click the button above to access the due date calendar. This lists all assignments and what you should be working on each week in the course. You can access March's calendar by clicking the Mar15 tab on the bottom.
Lesson 8: What do you do at home? うち で なに を しますか。
Here's some new vocabulary we'll use in Lesson 8:
Check out the full listing of vocabulary words in Lesson 8 on Blackboard
Review hiragana characters using the flashcards posted on this site.
Boutin Sensei's Tips for Success
Looking to improve your grade in Japanese 1, or keep your grade high? Here are some tips for success in Japanese 1:
- Log in and read your announcements daily. Announcements are posted daily with important information on which assignments are due each day and supplemental instructional material to help you with your assignments. Log in every day during the school week and read your announcements
- Attend at least 2 language coaching sessions each week. Language coaching attendance and active participation accounts for 20% of your grade. You are required to attend at least 2 language coaching sessions each week. If you miss a session, you are expected to make it up. You can make up missed sessions any time Japanese 1 coaching is offered with any coach. The schedule is posted under the My Coach tab in Blackboard.
- Submit assignments on their due date. Assignments should be submitted on the day they are due. I recommend printing out a copy of the Due Date Calendar and posting it somewhere you see it each day.
- Spend at least 90 minutes each day during the school week on Japanese. NCVPS expects that students will spend an average of 90 minutes each day doing something related to the class. Invest the time you need to invest into the course by attending coaching, studying grammar, vocabulary and hiragana and completing your assigned work.
- Submit any missing assignments. If you have not submitted any assignments from the Introductory course module or lessons 1 - 7, please go back and submit them this week for a grade. 0s really hurt your grade!
- Ask questions if you do not understand something or need help. I am available to answer your questions! See the contact info below for ways to reach out to me if you need help. Your coach can also help explain your lesson material or clarify things related to assignments. The Peer Tutoring Center is also a great FREE resource for any student seeking extra help or extra practice with Japanese.
Contact Boutin Sensei
Office Hours: 6:30 - 8:30PM Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Contact me this week if you need help with anything!
I can be reached through any of the contacts below. During the school week I respond to all messages within 24 hours, often much sooner.