May 9 - 13
The Shady Brook Vision and Mission Statements
Knowledge Informs and Determines Success for Students
The mission of Shady Brook Elementary is to educate all students for success today and tomorrow.
HEB ISD 2014 - 2019 Goals
1. Student Achievement
2. Effective and Efficient Operations
3. Quality Teaching, Administrative, and Support Staff
4. Safe, Healthy, and Nurturing Schools
5. Enduring Relationships with Stakeholders
THREE more Mondays!
Our Growing Family and other news to know. . .
Updated 5/6: Team, I wanted to share a few changes with you that will be occurring in the 16-17 school year:
- We were just informed that the time for our ESL teacher will be increasing to 50%. Unfortunately, Kirsten Smith will not be staying at SBE. Thank you, Kirsten, for ALL that you've done to help our ELL learners even though you had such a small amount of time with us!
- Robin Alvarado will be joining the SBE family as one of our new FACI teachers. Welcome!
- We are working on interviewing for the following positions:
- First Grade (new unit)
- Second Grade (new unit)
- Librarian (will set up interviews soon)
I will keep you informed as we go throughout the rest of the year. :-)
Important SBE Events to Remember:
5/9 STAAR Math Testing (3, 4 and 6/5th Re-test) (lunch provided for everyone)
5/10 STAAR Reading Testing (3, 4 and 6/5th Re-test) (lunch provided for everyone)
5/11 STAAR Science Testing (5th Grade) (Please bring your favorite appetizer to share with everyone!)
5/13 Friday Funday
5/14 6 Stones Black and Blue Run for Hope
5/16 SBE Career Day
5/16 Suzuki Recital
5/16 6th Grade Harwood JH visit 2.0
5/17 Kindergarten Award Ceremony
5/17 6th Grade Field Trip
5/18 Support Staff Appreciation
5/18 Peter Pan Musical Performance Grades 1 - 3
5/18 Student Birthday Celebration
5/18 Suzuki Student Celebration
5/18 Suzuki Strings Spring Recital
5/19 Second Grade Award Ceremony
5/19 First Grade Award Ceremony
5/19 Shetland Choir Musical
5/20 Field Day
5/23 Field Day (Alternate Date)
5/24 Fourth Grade Awards Ceremony
5/24 Fifth Grade Awards Ceremony
5/24 Sixth Grade Awards Ceremony
5/25 Third Grade Awards Ceremony
5/25 Noon Dismissal
5/26 Work Day for Staff
5/31 - 6/1 Continuous Improvement Days
Thank you notes. . .
We would like your help in thanking all of the wonderful adopters that donated so many great items to help us celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week! Melissa has placed these thank you cards are posted on the bulletin board in the Lounge. Please take a moment over the next week to sign the cards and then we'll take care of getting them delivered.
Thank you for your help with this!
Textbook Gaylord Information
They will begin shipping out Gaylords next week. When we receive our Gaylord, ONLY the items listed may go inside:
Grades 3-4 Social Studies
Grade 6 Social Studies
Art Grades K-6 (Teacher may keep one copy)
Music Grades K-6 (Teacher may keep one copy)
K-5 USED Envision and Investigation Math Consumables
Grade 6 USED Math Consumables
Grade 5 Social Studies will not go inside of the Gaylord. In addition, you may not fill the Gaylord with library materials, random teacher materials, unused or gently used consumable math workbooks, or any other materials other than those listed above. Before any books are placed inside of the Gaylord, you will need to get with Clarence, so that he knows exactly what you are placing inside of the Gaylord and how many of that item you are placing inside. He will give you a sheet to fill out with this information.
Kudos to. . .
- Melissa Hassell and Lisa Evans for all of their help in setting up great events for Teacher Appreciation week!!!
CELEBRATE EACH OTHER! SEND YOUR KUDOS TO SHANNON SO THAT SHE CAN ADD THEM HERE. WE HAVE GREAT THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING. . .SHARE WHAT YOU ARE SEEING. If you would like for your submission to be anonymous just let me know. :)
EdcampHEB is coming!
Note: Everyone is welcome to attend, however, only PD credit will be granted. No stipend or comp time is available. J
We would love to see you at EdcampHEB on June 14!
We hear it all the time, “I wish we could just have a session where we could get together with other teachers from around the district and just talk about what we’re doing in our classrooms. I want to know what other teachers are doing to help their students.” So many times, teachers don’t need one more PD session, they need a chance to get together and talk about what is most important to them; instruction, behavior management, formative assessments, motivating reluctant learners.
Space is limited! Registration will open to out of district participants on May 3rd. Register before MAY 3rd and your name will be entered twice for the fabulous door prizes! (click here to see Door Prize donors!)
Upcoming DUE DATES
- 5/9 Lesson Plans due in the Shared Folder before the start of the school day.
- EOY Checklist information with specific due dates is coming.
- Team Minutes are due to the assigned administrator each week. :) Please make sure that you are continuing to turn these in as we use this information as a guide in our decision-making on various situations. Thanks!