Lipinczyk & Edwards Updates
Week of May 9, 2016
Monday, May 9- Early release
ELA Instructional Focus...
- Analyze primary and secondary sources.
- Read purposefully and select and record relevant, factual information and cite sources.
- Identify Greek and Latin roots.
- Continue with "Typing Club" daily to increase keyboarding skills.
HOMEWORK: 2 Reading Responses due Friday! Read every night for 30 minutes!
Math Instructional Focus...
Our instructional focus this week in Math will be on two dimensional shapes.
- Classify two-dimensional figures based on presence or absence of parallel or perpendicular lines, or the presence or absence of angles of a specified size.
- Recognize a line of symmetry fro a two-dimensional figure as a line across the figure such that the figure can be folded along the line into matching parts.
- Identify line-symmetric figures and draw lines of symmetry
- Sort, describe and classify triangles and quadrilaterals based on their types of lines, lengths of sides and types of angles.
- Demonstrate understanding that some triangles and quadrilaterals can be classified in more than one way based on their attributes.
Click the links below for Study Jams videos related to our Math topics for this week:
Myon Text related to our instructional focus this week:
Tiling Shapes-Wonder Readers
The Shape Families Babies-Kristin Haas
Drawing and Learning About Cats/Dogs/Faces/Monsters Using Shapes and Lines- Amy Bailey Muehlenhardt
HOMEWORK: FSA Warm Up days 8-11 due Monday (5/16).
Science Instructional Focus...
Our instructional focus this week in Science will be on the life cycles and characteristics of animals.
- Explain that although characteristics of plants and animals are inherited, some characteristics can be affected by the environment.
- Compare and contrast the major stages in the life cycles of animals, such as those that undergo incomplete and complete metamorphosis.
Click on the links below for Study Jams video's related to our Science topics this week:
Myon text related to our instructional focus this week:
From Caterpillar to Butterfly: Following the Life Cycle -Suzanne Slade
From Tadpole to Frog: Following the Life Cycle- Suzanne Slade
From Mealworm to Beetle: Following the Life Cycle- Suzanne Slade
Our week in pictures...
Lipinczyk's HR earned Best Classroom Attendance for the month of April!
Taking a virtual trip to Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Indiana!
Mrs. Richwine showing us the "Hillsborough Squares" game that we helped provide videos for!
On our way to the Straz Center!
Learning about STEM Careers and trying them out in a challenge for STEM Day with Discovery Education.
On our way to the STRAZ Center to see the Florida Orchestra Perform.
Taking a virtual field trip through Discovery Education to learn from everyday STEM heroes!
Presenting using Sway and using Nearpod to provide feedback to the presenters.
Friday coding club!