🐬 Week of January 25, 2021
Hollinger's Island Elementary School
Welcome to 3rd Quarter! It's hard to believe the school year is halfway over.
- January 25-26: Remote student math book pickup
- January 25-29: iReady diagnostics
- February 1: Class pictures and fall makeups
- February 15-17: Mardi Gras break (yes, only three days)
- February 24: "Dress for Success" spring pictures
Congrats to Mrs. Rey as she moves on to new adventures! We will miss you, but wish you the best!
Welcome Ms. Walden! We are happy to have you join us at HIES!
Pre-K Online Registration opened on January 15! Please use the links below to learn more and to register. Registration ends on March 31!
Congratulations to our December Star Students for demonstrating the characteristic of CARING!
- Please make sure you submit a note for any absence a student might incure. This includes both face-2-face and remote students. The state department will still be issuing the school report cards in spite of a pandemic, so we need our records to be as accurate as possible.
- If you are doing remote and are having technical difficulties which kept you from joining remotely, please send a note via email or Remind.
- We also need notes if your child is quarantined due to a family member or the student being ill with COVID.
- Once again, we need notes for all absences, whether face-2-face or remote. You can send them to your child's teacher, or email them to Ms. Jackson at email@example.com
Remote students must be on time to class, keep their cameras on, and take all assessments with their class.
- Parents, please use the chat feature when you have a question for a teacher during class time, and not interrupt the teacher while he or she is teaching.
- We cannot stress it enough... please allow your child/ren to do their own work! Helping your child rather than allowing them to experience productive struggle will impede their progress and cause them to fall behind.
- Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately, fed, on time, and ready for school before signing on! This is remote learning (in real time, just like face-to-face) as opposed to virtual learning (where you sign on when it's convenient.)