The importance of Dietary Guidelines
Getting enough nutrients within your calorie needs
- Age, gender, activity level, and whether you want to gain or loose weight. Nutrient dense foods-
- it is a food that provides high amounts of nutrients and low of calories.
Maintain a healthy weight
- condition that increases your chances of developing a problem. Health problems related to too much body fat-
- heart diseases
- high blood pressure
- cancer Health risk for being underweight
- Underweight might causes less energy reserves Suggestions for losing weight -
- increase physical activity
- decrease food calories
Suggestions for being physical active everyday.
A teen should get at least 60 minutes of exercise a day.
To be able to do physical activity try getting involved in sports or walk briskly or use your bike around your neighborhood.
Importance of Whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and milk.
Grains. veggies, fruit, and milk are important because these foods are nutrient rich and low in cholesterol, and are naturally low in fats. These foods benefit in because they help prevent heart diseases, cancer, and other health problems. Ways to include these food in your diet are by getting fruit and veggies as snacks, also instead of getting something sugary get a fruit or a vegetable,
and to get enough dairy take a smoothie instead of a soda.
How to limit fats and cholesterol....
- keep sat. fats at less then 10 percent of your calories
- eat as few foods containing trans fats as possible
- limit cholesterol to less than 300 milligrams per day
- get most of your fat from fish, nuts, and healthy oils.