Squalicum High School
Storm Forecast for Sept 24- Oct 1
Your Forecast for this week:
In this week's update:
ASB Cards and School Pictures
Senior Pictures & Grad Ads
Tutoring Information - Gear Up
Covid-19 Health and Safety Guidelines & Handbook (updated)
Free WTA Bus Pass
Peer Support Groups
Join Our Team
SQHS School Hours
ASB Cards and School Pictures
ASB cards and school pictures are now available! If your student has not received their ASB card yet please ask them to stop by the ASB office to pick it up because it’s FREE this year. Students will need their ASB cards to get into sporting events and can be charged up to $6 at other school district games without the card. Most students use it for identification purposes as well.
To view their school pictures online (and to order) please see the directions below. Also, there will be one more picture day for Re-takes on October 12th so please make sure your student has gotten their picture taken by this date.
How To Order Pictures:
1) Visit The Direct Link to Squalicum's Gallery
2) Access Personal Gallery
- Enter your email address as prompted
- Enter the student's online access code (this is the student's Skyward ID number if the code has been misplaced)
3) Order Photos by Package, A La Carte, or Even A Digital Download.
If you have any problems or questions please email me at Shawn.Flaherty@bellinghamschools.org
Tutoring Info from Gear Up
Tutoring is Back!
After-school STORM tutoring starts on 10/4 and runs from 3:20pm until 4:15. We can help you with all subjects! Transportation and brain-fuel (AKA snacks) are provided. Interested students need to sign up in advance, you have time until 12:00PM on the-day-off. Sorry, no drop-ins welcome this year due to COVID-19 protocols. For booking please, click HERE. For more information, contact Heidi Covington, Student Success Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Erin Neisinger, Class 2023 GEAR UP coordinator Cell: 360-746-9106 Email: email@example.com. Para ayuda en español comunicarse con Laura Nunez, GEAR UP advocate email: firstname.lastname@example.org or cell: 360-746-9106.
Covid-19 Safety Protocols & 2021-22 Handbook
We have refined our protocols since the spring, and I encourage you to review our COVID-19 Handbook for more information.
To prioritize health and safety, we will take a layered approach to mitigate the risk to COVID-19. This means we will minimize the spread of COVID-19 in our schools in lots of different ways: masks, vaccines, handwashing, staying home while sick, testing, ventilation, distancing as able, cleaning, contact tracing and others. These layers, especially masking and vaccinations for 12 and older, are especially important as we learn more about the Delta variant and rising cases. We will continue to watch for changes in guidance and modify our approach as needed.
Here is the current guidance that we will follow:
- Masks are required inside schools for everyone regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks are optional outside but recommended for crowded events.
- Physical distance should not be a barrier to in-person instruction. Our goal is to have a distance of 3 feet between students in the classroom.
- We will not be doing health attestations for students. We ask that everyone stay home when they are sick.
- We are hoping to expand testing access to every school.
- We will continue to do contact tracing.
- We will continue to focus on handwashing and sanitizing.
Free WTA Youth Bus Pass
Join our team in Bellingham Public Schools
Parents and guardians! Be a part of The Bellingham Promise in a new way…as a staff member! Bellingham Public Schools is hiring now for regular and substitute positions.
Current vacancies include paraeducators, office staff and bus drivers, as well as coaching and teaching positions. Most positions are on a school year schedule making this a perfect fit for your family.
Learn more about working for us at bellinghamschools.org/jobs.
2021-2022 School Hours
- Our school hours are from 8 am to 4 pm.
- Doors will open for students at 8:15 am and close at 3:30 pm. Students are to report directly to STORM upon entering SQHS.
- Students and families scheduled for meetings prior to 8:15 and after 3:30 pm can use our new call system found at our front entrance.
The SQHS athletics and activities office reopens Aug. 23.
SQHS fall sports clearance information can be found online. Please feel free to begin clearing for athletics now. Need support please contact our athletic office.
SqualicumAthletics.com is your main resource for SQHS athletic-related information including athletic clearances, up-to-date schedules, ticketing, livestream links, etc. Program practice schedules will be uploaded to the calendar on this site.
Please contact our athletic and activities coordinator Patrick Brown (email@example.com) or administrative assistant to athletics and activities Pam Behee (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.