midevil family and education
-Family status was important
-People married not for love but rather to try to better the situation for the family by marrying some one of high class
-Fathers often arranged marriages for their daughters
-Women were below men and treated as such
-It was not uncommon for women to be beaten and divorce was rare
- Women greatly supported the man
- Their job was shopping cooking and cleaning maintaining the personal garden
- When having children, people preferred to have a son
- Inheritance went to eldest son
- A younger son didn’t have as many privileges would either live with older brother or leave and become servants merchants or soldiers.
-Education in the middle ages was not common.
-Only the sons of higher class people could attend school.
-Girls were homeschooled by parents.
-Classes differed from teacher to teacher.
-Education in schools was done by monks, and not everyone could write.
-The focus of most schools was memorization.