Husky Update for Oct. 11, 2021
News for our Highline Community Elementary School
From Principal Sanchez-Hart
I have two main announcements to share. First, we have three Highline moms who will be able to serve as PTCO board members to help with our fundraising and our fun-making efforts. Please congratulate President Ashley Adcock, Treasurer Tiffani Byrd, and Secretary Melissa Moposita! We will hold our next PTCO meeting on Thursday, Nov. 4 starting at 4:30 pm.
Next we will be revising our dismissal procedures. One of the great parts about Highline is that we are community school. As a neighborhood school, nearly all of our students can walk from home to school. Over the course of the past year and a half, our dismissal has felt a bit like the drive through at a fast food restaurant. Starting after fall break, ALL students will be picked up at the grade level exit door. Parents and families should plan to meet their children at the grade level exit or at a meeting location or encourage their children to walk home together after school. For more details, please see the following article.
UPCOMING CALENDAR EVENT REMINDERS:
- October 13 - District PASS meeting 6:00-7:30 pm - Topic: LGBTQ+ Month and Indigenous People's Month at Cherokee Trail High School
- October 18-22 - Fall Break
- November 4 - Highline PTCO Meeting 4:30 pm in the Innovation Lab
- November 5 - Report Cards go home with students
- November 9 and 10 - Evening Conferences by Appointment
- November 11 - Veterans Day Assembly
- November 12 - Daytime Conferences by Appointment - No School for Students
On behalf of our dedicated teachers and staff, we thank you for your continued support.
Proud Highline Principal
Updated Dismissal Procedures Starts Monday, Oct. 25
Make a Plan for Pick Up:
- Families may park cars in the parking lot spaces or along Exposition Avenue and meet their children at the grade level exit.
- Families may NOT park or wait in the fire lane.
- Consider walking from home to get extra steps in your day.
- We have a bike rack right next to the main entrance where students can keep their bicycle for the day.
- Children should be picked no later than 2:55 pm (1:55 on Wednesdays)
- Inform your child's classroom teacher about your plan by Friday, October 15th.
At Pick Up:
- Please wait for your teacher to bring out the class.
- Be patient as the teacher will release students to their families and caregivers one student at a time.
- Tell your caregivers where to meet your students.
If you know you are not able to pick up on time, consider registering your student in our After-Care programs call HICEP at 720-747-2369.
From the CCSD District Department of Equity, Culture & Community Engagement
Greetings District P.A.S.S. Community,
Our next in-person District P.A.S.S. meeting is Wednesday, October 13, 2021 from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm, at Cherokee Trail High School, 25901 E Arapahoe Rd, Aurora, 80016. We will be sharing the evening with our Board of Education Candidates, and we encourage you to join our discussion.
Please note: District P.A.S.S. meetings are not recorded or live streamed. Cherry Creek School District will require masks inside ALL school buildings for ALL students, staff, and visitors.
2021-2022 District P.A.S.S. Schedule
- October 13, 2021, 6:00 - 7:30 pm, Cherokee Trail Feeder Schools - Cherokee Trail High School, 25901 E. Arapahoe Rd., Aurora, CO 80016.
- November 17, 2021, 6:00 - 7:30 pm, Grandview Feeder Schools – Grandview High School, 20500 E. Arapahoe Rd., Aurora, CO 80016.
- January 19, 2022, 6:00 - 7:30 pm, Overland Feeder Schools – Overland High School, 12400 E. Jewell Ave., Aurora, CO 80012.
- February 9, 2022, 6:00 - 7:30 pm, Smoky Hill Feeder Schools – Smoky Hill High School, 16100 E. Smoky Hill Rd., Aurora, CO 80015.
- March 23, 2022, 6:00 - 7:30 pm, Cherry Creek Feeder Schools – Cherry Creek High School, 9300 E. Union Ave., Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
- April 20, 2022, 6:00 - 7:30 pm, Cherry Creek Innovation Campus, 8000 S. Chambers Rd., Centennial, CO 80112.
We look forward to seeing you on October 13, 2021. If you have any questions or concerns, please email CCSDEquity@cherrycreekschools.org.
For more information on District P.A.S.S. visit the Cherry Creek School District website:
CCSD & Community Opportunities
The Highline Office Team
Assistant Principal - Gaby Ruiz
Office Manager - Elizabeth Wethington
Registrar - Martha Galvan
School Nurse - Maddie Hamman
Family Liaison - Liz Calvillo-Martinez
Before & After Care (HiCEP) Director - Kathleen Larason
Attendance Line: 720-747-2395