Where Taigas are located in the World
Where Taigas are located in North America
- Conifer (also known as an Evergreen Tree) Trees
- Cone-Bearing Trees
The soil in the Taiga is very thin and not very nutrient. This soil is the opposite of Iowa's farming soil.
Unique characteristics of biome
- The average annual temperature range is 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Annual precipitation is 12-33 inches.
- The Taiga's latitude range is 50 degree latitude north of the Arctic Circle.
- The Taiga biome has two seasons:
The winters are very cold and long, and the summers are wet.
Source for answer one: http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/taiga_climate.htm
Source for answer two: http://www.ask.com/question/taiga-rainfall
Source for answer three: http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-the-latitude-of-the-taiga-biome
Source for answer four: http://kids.nceas.ucsb.edu/biomes/taiga.html