Wildcat Weekly May 2nd-6th
It's May & only 19 more days to pack in all the fun!
Thank Yous, Acknowledgements, and Applause
Monday is Batters Up! Please wear a baseball cap and we'll being serving up some batter--fresh pancakes for you in the morning! From 7:15am to 7:30am, we're serving up breakfast.
Tuesday is Giddy UP! Western wear is the theme.
Wednesday is Wake UP! We'll have coffee for you and you can wear your PJs or since it is "May the 4th Be With You" nationwide, you can wear Star Wars.
Thursday is Surf's UP! Time to bust out your Luau gear.
Friday is Live it UP! Wear your favorite athletic gear and whoop it up at field day!
- Thanks to Beth, Amanda, and Cynthia for running the water station at the Columbine run this morning! Their act of kindess secured running tutus for our Girls on the Run participants.
- Thanks to Cheyenne Williams for always keeping our Facebook page up to date. Man, our Cultural Night pics are amazing.
- A special thank you was given to Michelle Wilson for all such does for our Arkansas students. When you get a chance, swing by and see her beautiful plaque.
- It was a good time at Old Chicago last Friday; glad to see so many Wildcats there.
- Yearbook needs your help! Spread the word that the yearbook cover contest is in full effect. Submissions need to be turned in to Michelle Wilson by Friday, May 6th.
Paula and Madison are Center Stage
They were able to hold the flag to kick off the 4 mile run
Best water station ever
We had a good time filling up water bottles. There was music and space so we decide to turn it into a dance floor. Yep, I am pretty certain they're gonna call us back each year...I'm just saying!
It was so cold...
...that I took the plastic bags from the water bottles we were unpackaging and put them on with my socks. These are obviously not my feet but you get the picture.
Best water station ever
Housekeeping for the Week
Enjoy your time
- 19 days. I say rather than countdown because of negative reasons, you take the mindset that you only have 19 days to enjoy this school year. It's gone by quickly. We've accomplished a lot. As I stated three weeks ago, let's SPRINT over the finish line, rather than crawl.
- Send your volunteer names to Dorothy by the end of school on Monday! We'll make certain to get those invitations out to people on Thursday.
- Field Day Meeting on Monday--Folks, if you'd like to help Cynthia tie up any loose ends with field day and lend a hand, we'll be meeting at 3:00pm in the Media Center. That way, it will give those of you going to the shower a chance to party with Emily.
- Wednesday PD--We'll spend our time planning for next year in terms of vision and philosophy. We will not be planning this time around but please bring your laptops so that you can view the documents I'll have Shelly send your way. If you have some great building themes bring them with you.
- CSI Interrogators--When you catch a 5th grader in the hall, question them! Tanyka sent a list of questions to us last week. Have fun with it!
Weekly Inspiration comes from our community this week!
Culture Fest Praise
Kudos to our Staff
What in the world?
So...the Jamaica table received A LOT OF FEEDBACK from folks re: their decor so I think we should give them the Post It for keeping their calm and taking the critiques with a grain of salt. They did have the best punch!