February 19, 2021
Eagle Academy encourages academic excellence by integrating proven instructional methods with a challenging curriculum and high expectations.This combination provides every child with the foundation needed to achieve proficiency of Eagle Academy’s performance standards at each instructional level.
Previous editions of the Eagle Express can be found on the Newsletter page on our school website
- Feb. 22 (Monday) & Feb. 25 (Thursday) - 7/8 Expansion Committee Meeting (5:30p.m.)
- Feb. 26 (Friday) - Asynchronous learning day at home
- Mar. 1 (Monday) - APB Special Meeting (7/8 grade Expansion) (5:45 p.m. via YouTube Live)
- Mar. 1 (Monday) - Kindergarten & 6th Grade cap & gown photos
- Mar. 8-12 (Mon. - Fri.) - Spring Break (no school)
More information about these events appear further down in the newsletter. You can also visit the News & Events section of our website homepage. (https://www.asdk12.org/eagleacademycharter)
Deadline March 4th
It's that time of year again, in preparation for the Lottery please complete the below information by Thursday, March 4th. We want to know if you are planning to have your child(ren) return to Eagle Academy Charter School next school year (2021-2022). Please take a few minutes to fill out the google Intent Form.
Only 1 form per family is needed.
If you have any questions, please call Tamara at 742-3025.
We are looking for two individuals to work with students to boost ELA & Math skills.
1. Work one-on-one with students who need extra support on specific, targeted skills in the Kindergarten through 4th grade classrooms
2. Follow a routine schedule that updated bi-monthly
3. Spalding and Saxon experience desired
4. Hours: Monday - Friday| 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
If you are interested please contact Missy Timberlake: firstname.lastname@example.org or the School Office at 742-3025 for more information.
Required for new families to EACS
Eagle Academy is sponsoring “Spalding Night” Zoom trainings. We will discuss Spalding and the use of the phonogram cards and techniques to help study spelling words. Families new to Eagle Academy are required to attend the training to help support your child/ren at home. It is also open to families that need a refresher.
Please bring your phonogram cards to the Zoom. This is an interactive class so I will need the video on. Phonogram cards need to be purchased for the training for $15 / first set, $15 for additional sets of cards***. The following classes are available to choose from:
· Wed., March 17 @ 1:00 PM
· Wed., March 17 @ 6:00 PM
Please email Mrs. Timberlake ASAP to confirm the date/time that you will be attending, and she will send you the Zoom Link. email@example.com
***To purchase phonogram cards: Go to the ASD website, then to Zangle Parent Connect, to online payments, to phonograms. You will be able to purchase one or more sets of phonogram cards ($15 each) paying with your credit card. You will need to make arrangements to stop by the school to pick them up.
If you do not have your Zangle Parent Connect Pin and Password, please call Tamara ASAP to get it. We cannot accept cash/check.
- If your students will not be attending school for the day, please make sure you contact the front office (907) 742-3025 as soon as possible in the morning. This is true for both those who are attending in-person or EACS Online at home. This will prevent those automatic system generated phone calls or text/app alerts.
- EACS Online students are expected to attend their daily classroom Zoom sessions (Monday-Thursday). If your student does not join the Zoom session, the will be considered absent. If they are late signing on, they will be considered tardy.
- Per our normal protocols, students absent due to medical or emergencies are typically marked excused. Student absences due to parent choice (vacations, sporting events, etc.) are marked as unexcused. We do encourage students, if they are able, to attend their class daily zoom sessions or watch the video recordings so that they do not fall behind.
Coats, Hats, & Gloves
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ISOLATION & QUARANTINE, AND WHEN CAN I RETURN TO SCHOOL?
Isolation keeps someone who is infected with the virus away from others, including people in their home. Quarantine keeps someone who might have been exposed to the virus away from others.
These guidelines determine when ASD staff/students can return to buildings.
Isolation (Confirmed Positive and Suspected Cases)
- If the person tests positive (with or without symptoms) stay home until 10 days have passed from the date the sample was collected.
- if the person has symptoms, stay home for 10 days after the onset of symptoms AND at lest 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing mediations AND symptoms are resolving.
- If the person has symptoms and tests negative, they may return after having no fever without fever reducing medications for at least 24 hours AND symptoms are resolving. Students must provide proof of the negative test to their school nurse.
- If the person has symptoms related to a chronic health condition, they may return to school with a Chronic Condition Symptom Release Form, signed by their medical provider.
Quarantine (Close Contacts)
- If testing is not readily available, quarantine for a full 10 days after you were exposed. You may end your quarantine on day 11 if you do not develop symptoms, You must continue to wear a mask when around others and monitor your symptoms for a full 14 days. Self-isolate if you develop symptoms and get tested.
- If the person lives with the confirmed positive case and they cannot isolate from one another, the 10 days will not start until the confirmed positive case completes their isolation time frame (10 days).
- If testing is available, you may be able to end your quarantine after 7 days of quarantine, on the 8th day. You can take a COVID-19 test within 48 hours priort to when you hope to end your quarantine, You must continue to wear a mask when around others, and monitor for symptoms for the full 14 days. If you develop symptoms or your test result is positive, you must self-isolate.
- Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, and other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Stay away from those considered high risk.
REMOTE LEARNING & SPRING BREAK TRAVEL
Due to the number families that travel during Spring Break, Eagle Academy will be implementing proactive measures to mitigate the potential of COVID-19 transmission in our building by resuming instruction online for the week March 15-19th. In-person instruction will resume on Monday, March 22nd.
If your family is traveling for spring break, you can find the current guidance here:
- https://www.asdk12.org/Page/15687 (look for "travel restrictions")
Upon return from traveling out of state, there is currently a requirement to quarantine. The number of days is determined by what actions you take during your travel and after you return.
BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
Don't forget to turn in you unexpired boxtop clippings and Coca-cola rewards codes to your classroom. Please put them in a baggie and label it with the grade number so it will be counted towards the classroom contest!! Also don’t forget to scan your receipts. Please link a classroom to your scan account, so it can be credited to your class.
WHO WANTS THAT TROPHY fFOR THEIR CLASSROOM??? Does 4th grade get to keep it? Or will 6th grade get it this quarter?
See attached flyer for more information about these fundraisers for our school. LAST DAY to turn in box tops and coke rewards for 3rd quarter contest is FEBRUARY 25th.
Any questions please contact Alysia Thayer at Alysia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
EAGLE ACADEMY APB
Vanessa Hall - APB Chair: (907) 230-6365
Missy Timberlake - APB Teacher: (907) 301-8653
Mindy Edison - APB Teacher: (907) 223-7774
Jennifer Bundy - APB Parent Member: (907) 884-5008
Cheryl Raile - APB Parent Member: (858) 780-6225
Paige Saylor - APB Parent Member: (843) 437-5783
Vacant - APB Community Member
Eagle Academy PTO
Tonya Prentiss - Chair: (719) 213-5678
Beth Sherwood - Co-Vice-Chair: (907) 362-3499
Vanessa Hall - Co-Treasurer: (907) 230-6365
Amie Mitchell - Co-Treasurer: (907) 830-1604
Haley Gagnon - Secretary: (907) 310-6690
Heather Milligan - Parent Rep: (774) 254-1238
Mindy Edison - Teacher Rep (907) 223-7774