St. Barnabas Elementary School
Just a few reminders..
- K-8 report cards will be released via TADS for parents to access today at 2:30PM.
- As Winter MAP testing has come to an end, a copy of your child’s individual MAP Assessment Family Report has been sent home today. The family report is designed to give you an overall snapshot of your child’s performance both over time and the most recent MAP assessments your child has taken. As a reminder, the MAP Assessment is an adaptive computer test; meaning as your child answers questions correctly, the next question is more challenging. If they answer a question incorrectly, the next one becomes a bit easier. Upon completion of the assessment, a student receives a RIT score, which then tracks growth. Remember, it is about the growth that our students are showing as they are far more than numbers on a page!
- All students are invited to dress in either red or pink on Monday, February 14th to celebrate Valentine's Day.
- There is no school on Friday, February 18th for K-8 students. However, PK is in session for a full day.
- Due to the two snow closures, Saint Barnabas will now be in session on March 18th and May 20th. Please see the attachment below with an updated calendar for the 2021 - 2022 school year.
- For any parents who are attempting to reach the After School program after 3PM, you may reach them by calling 718-324-1088 and using extension 6.
- This week, Catapult will be sending emails to families of students who are not currently enrolled in the Extended Learning program. If you are interested in enrolling your child and believe they could benefit from additional support in math and literacy, please feel free to reach out to director, Ms. Annemarie Ramsey, at email@example.com.
- PK parents should scroll down to access the weekly newsletter for their child's class and the February lunch menu,. A flyer for the Caregiver Session being held on February 15th is attached as well.
- Registration for NYC students for our UPK (4 year old program) began on February 9th. A flyer has been sent home with all Bronx (NYC) 3 year olds and has been attached below.
- All parents of the Archdiocese of New York schools are receiving email invitations this week for the February series of parent workshops. The flyer is linked below for all to see.
Should you need to reach me for anything, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (718) 324-1088.
Free Dress Down Day
100 Days Smarter
17th - Grade 8 attends mass in the parish church at 8:30AM.
21st - No School for PK - 8 Students!
22nd- 'Twosday' Celebration (2/22/22)
Students are invited to dress down in their most dynamic duo costume. No partner? No problem! A tutu or tie dress down is acceptable. Students with the best costume, will be voted upon via social media, and the winners will get to be Principal and AP for the day on a date to be determined.
28th - Dr. Seuss Week! Information attached below.
If your child is going to be absent, please contact the teacher and the main office directly. All PK absences should be reported to our UPK admin, Mrs. Rivera, at email@example.com. A complete list of all teachers and their email addresses, should you need them, can be found on the school website.
Should your child test positive for COVID or have to be quarantined due to exposure within the home, teachers will make work available via Google Classroom.
Ms. Natalia Castro-Cruz: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Lauren Iorio: email@example.com
Additionally, As the COVID vaccine has now become readily available for children ages 5 to 11, we would ask that you use the following link to record your child's vaccination record. While you are not obligated to share your child's vaccination status, this information will help us move forward with potential larger gatherings, contact tracing and even lunch in the cafeteria. Thank you for your continued efforts to keep our community and school safe.
COVID Weekly Health Screening
Each week you will be required to complete the Weekly Health Self-Screening Google Form on behalf of your child(ren) before entering the school building Monday mornings.
Surveys should be completed Sunday evening or Monday mornings by 7am.
Please click the photo above to access the newsletters for the week of February 7th.
Follow Us On Social Media
St. Barnabas Elementary School
Through an enriched curriculum, complete with after-school offerings, St. Barnabas provides the tools and teaches the skills necessary for future success. In the way of Jesus, our children are taught the discipline, charity and grace of our Lord.