School starts at 7:40!
Please help our students be on time to school! School starts at 7:40. This means students must be in their 1st block classroom at 7:40 every morning or else they will be required to check in at the attendance office. We want our wildcats in class and prepared to learn by 7:40. Thank you for your help encouraging our students to be on time to school every day!
Please help us remind students to be responsible for their iPads. Students are expected to bring their charged iPad and iPad charger to school every day.
Please read the attached document for specific information about OPS-issued iPads. For specific tech questions/help with tech, please email: email@example.com
KSTM March 2022 Calendar
NSCAS TESTING IS STARTING!
Testing season is upon us. Please read the attached documents below, available in English and Spanish, for information regarding NSCAS testing. You can also click the link below to read additional information from the district about NSCAS testing.
Here are 10 helpful tips to help you prepare for testing.
- Make sure your student brings their CHARGED IPAD to school every day! We will use iPads EVERY DAY for testing.
- Attendance Matters! Make sure your child attends school every day. Make sure your child gets up early enough so that they will be on time to school.
- Mark down test days on your calendar so you and your child are both aware of testing dates.
- Make sure that your child gets enough sleep on the night before the test.
- Ensure that your child eats a healthy breakfast, avoid heavy foods that may make him/her groggy, and avoid high sugar foods that may make him/her hyper.
- If your child is struggling on his/her tests, talk to him/her about it and meet with his/her teacher to find out the best way to help your child.
- Talk about the test with your child to help relieve stress about test taking.
- Praise your child for their hard work preparing for a test.
- Provide a quiet, well lit area with few distractions to help your child study efficiently.
- Keep a positive attitude about tests.
Earn Your Stripes Campaign!
Students have already earned their 'Be Safe' and 'Be Respectful' stripe. For the month of March, students are working on earning their 'Be Responsible' stripe!
Reminders for Families
Please remember students cannot wear blankets or ball caps at school during the school day. Students will be asked to put these items away if they are wearing them. If a student refuses to put away the blanket or ball cap, it will be taken from the student by administration for the remainder of the school day.
Please help remind your student about this expectation at home. We appreciate your help and support in this matter!
Attending Extra-Curricular Activities
ATTENDING EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES WITH A SCHOOL-ISSUED WRISTBAND IS A PRIVILEGE – Signing up on this list does NOT guarantee that you will be able to attend the event. Reasons students will not be able to attend the after school game or match:
- Referrals, PAC, SSC, or detentions have been assigned
- Excessive tardies or any truancy on your attendance
- Been removed from previous events this season/year
In addition to this criteria, there are a maximum number of students selected to attend an event based on staff supervision numbers. Students will be notified they can receive a wristband prior to the event. The above criteria is for students to earn a wristband to an athletic event.
All students are welcome to attend athletic events under the supervision of their parent/guardian. Students who attend an athletic event with their parent/guardian must sit with their parent/guardian at the game.
Attention 8th Graders Attending North for the 2022-2023 School Year
TUTORING IS ON TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
Did you know KSTM students are earning Class DoJo points in all of their classes?