The Davis Scoop
"It's Always a Great Day to be a Davis Dolphin!"
Spring Break is Coming!
ACAP State Testing is Coming Soon!
- The assessment will be administered 100% online, with the exception of a documented need for paper assessments.
- Students will be assessed in math and English/Language Arts.
- Science will be assessed in grade 4 at Davis.
- The English/language arts assessment will include a writing component for students in grades 2-5.
- All test items are aligned to the Alabama Course of Study.
- The Grade 2 assessment will be used as a baseline for the third grade growth, not to measure achievement for accountability purposes.
Data Recognition Corporation (DRC), has provided Online Tools Training (OTT) through their website. This will allow students to become familiar with and practice the tools provided on the ACAP. This practice can be accessed at https://wbte.drcedirect.com/AL/portals/al/ott1?adminId=560823&index=1.
- Students can access the OTT as often as needed, from home or in the classroom.
- The OTT allows students to experience the same testing interface they will encounter during testing. Students will be able to experiment with the features and tools that will be available during the live test.
- Students will answer grade-level and subject-specific questions while receiving hints about the tools and features of the test.
- The OTT runs on a standard Google Chrome web browser.