We had an EPIC year of kindergarten!
June 9, 2015
Look at what we did this year:
- In literacy, we learned our letters, letter sounds, hearing sounds in words and then writing them on paper, and WE LEARNED HOW TO READ!!
- In writing, we went from telling stories to drawing the stories to labeling pictures. We wrote maybe beginning sounds then ALL the sounds in words then writing full sentences and then pages and pages. We also can write roughly 50 sight words! We can write personal narratives, non-fiction texts, opinion pieces, and persuasive letters.
- In math, we learned our numbers, how to sort, how to add and subtract, and ways to make numbers.
- We went to the pumpkin patch, the post office, and the Museum of Life and Science.
- We lost lots and lots of teeth and grew lots and lots of inches!
Pizza Picnic THIS Friday 10:45am-12:30pm
Each class will do their own celebrations and looking back over the school year in their own rooms and the lunch will be served from the hallway. You will receive your child's final report card as you leave so be sure to see your child's teacher! We can't wait to celebrate this year with you!