CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
I am excited to announce that our school was 1 of 500 schools selected nationwide to participate in a free program called Kinsa! Kinsa provides free thermometers (shipped to your home for free) that connects to your smartphone. When you join the CSA Lincoln group, you can create profiles for each member of your family and have access to data about the general health of our school. Going home today will be a flyer with instructions on how to download the app and enroll in the CSA Lincoln group.
Why should you participate in this program?
1. You receive a free thermometer that is shipped to your home.
2. It is easy to enroll. The app is free. It took me 3 minutes to download the app, join the CSA group and create profiles of each member of my family. I instantly received an email notifying me that my thermometer was being shipped.
3. By joining the CSA Lincoln group, you will have access to a message board that you can connect with our school nurse and other users. Mrs. Helwig can update the group of health trends in our school (example: 3rd grade is noticing a spike in temperatures this week. Please make sure your students are washing their hands, etc.).
4. You data is anonymous and not shared with others. It also tracks your data so you can track health trends of your family members.
5. You can use the app as little or as much as you want.
How was CSA Lincoln selected?
We are thankful to have such wonderful parents who continue to find ways to improve our school. This opportunity became available because one of our parents learned about the program, applied on our behalf and we were accepted!
Deadline to Enroll: Wednesday, March 16th
Bender Lumber helped our kindergarten classes make a Buddy Bench for the playground!
Ella and Jocelyn pose for a picture on the bench!
3rd and 4th grade classes each got two standing tables for those students who like to stand and work. We will see if they like them!
Additional Updates from Mr. Findley
- 215 students applied to attend either CSA Lincoln or Fodrea by the deadline. That is up from 182 last year and a new record of applications! We are mailing home invites today.
- The book fair wrapped up today and we have had great reviews from students and parents about the partnership with the ViewPoint Bookstore. Students and families can still shop at the ViewPoint Bookstore today or tomorrow with proceeds going towards the CSA Lincoln book fair.
- Parent-teacher conferences are wrapping up this week. If you missed your meeting, please reach out to your teacher to reschedule.
- I will be out of the building next Thursday and Friday for a professional development trip. There will be about 20 elementary principals and BCSC employees traveling to San Francisco, CA for the "Learning and the Brain" conference. It will be an opportunity for me to learn more about the science behind learning. I'm excited about this opportunity and will be bringing back resources and information to improve our school! Mrs. Thompson, our school counselor, will be available both days to handle day to day needs. I'll be monitoring my email and will be in touch with Miss Sparks if something is needed.
Miss Sparks gets ready to mail out all the invites for the 2017-2018 school year!
After a long week of parent-teacher conferences, we rewarded our staff with a drink cart today!
1st/4th Grade Buddies
Please share the #celebratecolumbus video about The Linden Project!
PTO Ongoing Fundraisers
Kroger Community Rewards
1. Visit www.kroger.com/communityrewards.com or call
1-800-Krogers, Option #3 to enroll your Kroger Plus Card in the Community Rewards Program and designate Columbus Signature Academy -Lincoln as your organization. Click “Enroll Now” on the Community Rewards page and enter our organization number 11083.
Use your Kroger Plus Card while shopping at the Kroger on National Road.
Box Tops for Education - Spring Submission Deadline is 2/24/17!
Keep turning in your Box Tops! The spring submission competition deadline is fast approaching! Please refer to the FAQ sheet below for any Box Tops questions and good luck to all the classes!
Save The Date - PTO Family Movie Night
CSA-Lincoln Families Save The Date: Mark your calendar for Friday, March 3rd and join us for our annual PTO Family Movie Night! This is a free event for CSA-Lincoln students and their families to mix and mingle with other Husky families and to strengthen our Husky community. More details coming soon!
BCSC Pre-K Applications
Our BCSC Pre-K Program is now accepting applications. Children must be 4 years old on or before August 1st, 2017. The application process will remain open, but we will start filling classroom rosters in March. The application can be found on the BCSC homepage. The direct link is, http://www.bcsc.k12.in.us//cms/module/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=1050. For more information, please feel free to contact us at 812-376-4569.
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Where Good Kids Become Great Leaders- Young Marines
Columbus Young Marines will meet every Saturday starting February 18th, 2017 for 13 weeks at 4131 Rockyford Road in Columbus from 9 am until 12:30 pm. We will have an informational meeting and enrollment on Saturday February 4th from 10 am to Noon. We will also have enrollments on Monday February 6th from 6-8 pm and Friday, February 10th from 6-8 pm.
For more information, you can contact the Unit Commander, Scott Riley at 812-344-4320.
Husky Gram Winners
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!