What are some examples of stress?
- negative thoughts
What are some effects of stress?
- shrinks your brain
- affects offspring
- risk of chronic disease
- raises stroke risk
- higher chance of heart attack
- makes colds worse
- irregular menstrual cycle
- stomach ache
What are statistics on teen stress?
2. 1/3 say stress makes them feel overwhelmed, depressed or sad
3. 59% report that managing their time to balance all activities is a somewhat or very significant stressor
4. 40% say they neglected responsibilities at home because of stress; 21% say they neglected work or school because of stress
What are some facts on teen stress?
2. One in five qualify is clinically depressed
3. It increases the suicide rate
4. It increases self-harm