Middle School Instructional Collaborator
Serving students by supporting teachers!
Hampton-Dumont’s TLC team will empower classroom teachers to enhance their professional practice. In the end, this means helping every child in the classroom reach their full potential.
Helping students to meet their full potential and believe in themselves is my true passion. I am excited to help assist you in many ways this year!
I have had the opportunity to be a co-teacher for the last 9 years. I can help provide ideas for co-teachers in many areas of the classroom. I can assist you in planning and implementing in your classroom or possibly co-teach with you at times!
Read, Read, Read
Literacy is a true passion for me, especially helping students who don't enjoy it, learn to be real readers by the end of the school year. I can help implement Daily 5 rounds, CAFE, guided reading or assist in modifying to make a workshop model work for you.
I once read that "Student data isn't the destination, it's the journey!" This has stuck with me. I enjoy looking at student data and using the information to help drive instructional decisions (small groups, lessons, extensions, etc.) to help meet students needs to help increase our students' achievement.
Read, Read, Read
How can I support you?
- Provide resources to support you in content areas
- Collaborate on-line or in person to plan a unit, collect resources or read about a new concept you would like to try
- Co-plan and/or co-teach with you in your classroom
- Model the use of a strategy or tech tool in your classroom with your students
- Collect and analyze YOUR students' data and determine next steps in their learning and your teaching
Other Areas of Support
- Gradual Release of Responsibility
- Iowa Core Standards & Assessment/Grading
- Using the CC Pensieve for Reading, Math, Writing
- Number Talk
- Math Talk
- Workshop Model (Small groups)/Daily 5
- Integrating Technology
- Guided Reading
- Conferring in the Reader's Workshop
A little about me...
I graduated from Iowa State University in the spring of 2003. I began teaching 4th grade in the fall of 2003. I have my reading & health endorsements. Throughout my career I have taken several classes to enhance my teaching: poverty training, co-teaching, Daily 5/CAFE.