Falcon Ridge Family Updates
September 12, 2022
News and Tidbits
I hope you had an enjoyable weekend with your family. We are excited to welcome the Kuna Pop-Up Library today for Kindergarten through third grade students. Please read below for important library information.
Please save the date for our annual Parent/Teacher conferences on September 28-30. This is an excellent opportunity to get to know your child's teacher(s), ask questions, and get involved with your child's education. Last year we had an incredible turnout!
Our theme this year is Keep on Truckin'. Our character development will focus on a growth mindset. This month's character trait is respect. Be sure and ask your student if he/she has earned a Falcon Card.
Falcon Ridge has an active PTO with many opportunities to get involved. Check out this newsletter for this month's activities.
We are glad you have chosen Falcon Ridge Charter School as your school of choice. We are honored to partner with you in your child's education.
Student Dress Code
In an effort to provide a safe and orderly school environment for your children, we will expect the following dress guidelines followed by the students of Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Our focus at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School is to create an educational atmosphere with the fewest disruptions.
1. Gang attire of any kind is strictly prohibited, ie. Garments that are suggestive or garments that advertise illegal substances or obscene statements are not allowed.
2. Brief garments such as halter tops, bare midriffs, tube tops, net tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, and plunging necklines (front or back) are not appropriate. All shirts must be wider than three adult fingers on the shoulder. Shorts and skirts shorter than fingertip length are inappropriate.
3. Pajamas or slippers of any kind are strictly prohibited.
4. Makeup (lipstick, rouge, blush, eye makeup) are not allowed at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Blemish correction and clear lip gloss are acceptable.
5. Hair color will be within the natural color spectrum (brown, black, blonde or auburn.)
6. No pierced jewelry, other than in the ears, will be permitted.
7. Students will wear or change into athletic shoes for P.E.
8. No hats indoors except for special spirit days.
Kuna Pop-Up Library
- Ensuring your child takes excellent care of the books (no spills, bent pages, writing, etc.)
- Helping your child return the book on time
- Replacing any lost or damaged books
- Encouraging your child to read the book
- 9/13 - Girls Volleyball at Falcon Ridge @ 4:00
- 9/13 - School Board Meeting
- 9/15 - Girls Volleyball at Falcon Ridge @ 4:00
- 9/23 - Fall Pictures
- 9/26 - Falcon Ridge night at Farmstead (4pm - 9pm)
- 9/28/9/30 - Parent/Teacher Conferences
Resources for Parents
8 Highly Effective Ways for Teaching Kids Respect & How to Be Polite
Good manners for kids to have:
- Saying “thank you” after something is received, given or exchanged.
- Using the word “please” when you’re asking for help or would like to receive something you want or need.
- Looking people in the eye when you greet them or if they’re talking to you. (Once toddlers master please and thank you, then begin working on eye-contact.)
- Greeting others with “hello” or “goodbye” as well as responding to someone when they greet you.
- Saying “I’m sorry” or “excuse me.”
- Holding the door open for others.
- Not speaking over others, but waiting until it’s their turn to talk.
Average Daily Attendance
K - 91.01%
1st - 96.43%
2nd - 93.97%
3rd - 99.14%
4th - 97.73%
5th - 96.21%
6th - 93.94%
7th - 95.45%
8th - 95.00%