Are you up for the Challenge?
What is DI?
The mission of Texas Destination Imagination is to encourage and foster the development of 21st century skills: creativity, problem solving, critical thinking and collaboration; to influence development of a positive self-image; and to prepare the students of Texas to apply creative problem solving skills to life decisions.
Texas Destination Imagination is a creative problem solving educational organization that strives to promote creativity in the young people of Texas. “DI” is an extraordinary non-profit organization that provides educational programs for students to learn and experience creativity, teamwork and more than 100,000 students across the U.S... and in more than 30 countries participates each year in DI. DI’s core program is an educational program in which student teams solve open-ended Challenges and present their solutions at Tournaments. Teams are tested to think on their feet, work together and devise original solutions that satisfy the requirements of the Challenges.
Teams perform 8 minutes in front of an audience
All teams gather to celebrate completion of all their hard work
Team Challenge Results
Team members are given explanation of team challenge points at State Level
What your Child will Gain
Join the Fun!
Role of Team Manager
- Arrange meeting sites and practice opportunities for the team
- Attend all tournaments and other DI activities in which the team participates
- Communicate regularly with the campus liaison
- provide the campus liaison and team parents with a schedule of team meetings
- Communicate the rules regarding interference to all team parents
- Attend the Team manger Training-October 20th
- manager will communicate directly with parents regarding discipline problems regarding team members
- Complete all forms required for tournament
- Submit to a criminal background check per district policy regarding volunteers