The FMSS Library Learning Commons
10th Anniversary Edition - Sept 2013
Your FMSS Library Staff
Book the teacher-librarian through one of these three options:
- Collaboration: plan a research unit with the TL & reserve any time during the semester;
- Mini-lesson on a specific research skill: recommend up to two weeks in advance with assignment or lesson plan;
- "Only Need to Use the Space"? Three days in advance.
- Absent? Please do not have a supply teacher bring your class to the library
Sending Students to the Library
When sending a student to the library, we need to know that you have given that student explicit permission:
- A dated note with the student's name and purpose in the library helps us to help the student fulfill his or her task.
- Some teachers prefer to make a phone call with the same information, so he or she can immediately find out if we are able to accommodate and assist the student at that time.